Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Error Stock Certificate

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 116Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
454 Posts
 Posted 11/21/2020  7:20 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add GregAlex to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Here's a fairly common stock certificate for Long Island Lighting, with a nice vignette. What's unusual about it is that issuing information (name, shares, issue date) were mistakenly printed upside down. This was done either by the electric company or, more likely, by a brokerage. It looks like they caught it right away and voided the certificate; kind of surprising that it wasn't just shredded.

As errors go, this is nothing spectacular. If it were on national currency this would be on par with a signature mistake at the issuing bank. But it occurred to me that in 30+ years of collecting I can't recall seeing any other errors on a stock or bond. You would think American Bank Note would have had a few printing glitches that escaped amongst the millions it printed over the decades. Now that my curiosity is piqued I'm going to start sniffing around.

Learn More...
United States
92473 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 116Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05