Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

$2 Bill ...fool's Gold Or ?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 502Next Topic  
Valued Member

Canada
204 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2020  11:43 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add cdngmt to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I was sorting down my $2 notes in view of their becoming non tender and came up with this one...
Can I get opinions on grade and Value ?
If I researched right AUH is a rare prefix but I often confuse what I would like to what is....

Valued Member
Poland
289 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2020  02:13 am  Show Profile   Check norantyki's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add norantyki to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is a slightly better series, but only really worth FV until basically UNC with Crow-Bouey signature combination. The AUH notes with Thiessen-Crow signature combination are rare, and would be a completely different story in terms of value.
Dealer, collector - Coins, Banknotes, Watches, Stamps, Antiquities - Norantyki.com
Edited by norantyki
11/23/2020 02:14 am
Valued Member
Canada
204 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2020  4:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cdngmt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks
In coinsandcanada dot com they give the whole AUH series
Varieties AG-3 G-4 VG-8 F-12 VF-20 EF-40 AU-50
Prefix AUH with values in 000's

But I suspected that I couldn't be that fortunate......
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1155 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2020  5:24 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You have to be careful with websites like coinsandcanada. They're a good starting point but they often don't expand on why a note is _____ whereas the Charlton Catalogue can give you the real "dirt" on why X note has Y Book Value (BV).

BV for C-B AUH: according to Charlton is VG- $2; F-$3 ; VF-$5 ; EF-$8 ; AU-$15 & UNC-$30. Birds $2 are just so plentiful that they're kind of like the 1973 Ones- just don't get the respect that might be suggested by books/or sites, so I would be quite surprised if the BV was a high as that site claims.
Valued Member
Poland
289 Posts
 Posted 11/24/2020  02:41 am  Show Profile   Check norantyki's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add norantyki to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@cdngmt, as per above, they have generalized themselves into a mistake, and birds $2 rarely go for anything near BV. Charleton makes a very clear distinction between the two signature combinations and rarity / value. Dont believe everything you see online ;)
Dealer, collector - Coins, Banknotes, Watches, Stamps, Antiquities - Norantyki.com
Canada
33 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2020  05:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bond632 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coins and Canada has the correct information and always has, I think you didn't notice under Crow-Bouey, it says Prefixes AUG to AUN, which would include AUH. MS60-$67.50 MS67-$100
Valued Member
Canada
183 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2020  2:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thiessen & Crow $2 notes are the ones listed on coins and Canada site in the 000's
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 502Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05