Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1878 $1 Scalloped Borders - Two Of My Favourite Banknote Purchases

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 346Next Topic  
Canada
40 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2020  01:35 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Levaril to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I don't think these are as rare as it is suggested in some of the price guides but they are still relatively rare. The beat up one on the bottom is a Halifax one so you won't see too many of those in your lifetime probably. I'd love to get one of each type some day and I'm always on the lookout. :)

First time uploading an image so hopefully I didn't screw it up!

Lev

Pillar of the Community
United States
1162 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2020  01:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add That Coin Dude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice bills!
Keep track of your collection: https://en.ucoin.net/?ref=Ux0E0if

My collection: https://en.ucoin.net/uid112788
A friendly coin dude that is here for you!
A coin collector from the Midwest USA.
I specialize in minting varieties and coin identification.
I am online 3+ times every day for 6-12 hours.
My best US coin find: http://goccf.com/t/387871
Bedrock of the Community
United States
37710 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2020  05:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. Nice notes
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54686 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2020  08:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very attractive indeed.

to the CCF!
Canada
40 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2020  09:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Levaril to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks! No idea why I capitalized the entire title. Lol. I think I was sleepy when I posted. :)

I'm very slowly working at getting as many of the Dominion of Canada banknotes as I can get! They are just so different from the BoC notes.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1215 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2020  10:04 am  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF! Two tough DOC banknotes!
The PMG Montreal DC-8a is about as good as it gets. The Halifax example is rarely seen. Great stuff!

Please post the reverse sides (if you get a chance) & thanks for sharing.
Canada
40 Posts
 Posted 12/30/2020  12:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Levaril to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Here are the reverses. Even with how bad the Halifax is, it's still fairly valuable. Not nearly as much as the Montreal VF30 though. I'm sure there are one or two in a higher grade and I know of one the same grade, but it's up there.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1215 Posts
 Posted 12/31/2020  11:27 am  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Love the back designs (thanks for sharing) & the big size (format).

The Montreal version has such great eye appeal(to me). Great note!

PS: Have a great subtle New Year's eve & keep safe folks!
Edited by walk2dwater
12/31/2020 11:37 am
Valued Member
Canada
403 Posts
 Posted 12/31/2020  4:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ShareBear to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great notes Levaril
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 346Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05