Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

"Add Item Specifics" A Huge Waste Of Time

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 179Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
372 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2021  12:58 pm Show Profile   Check John K's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add John K to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I tried to add date and denomination to "specifics" with poor results. When I bring up a list of fixed price coins I am trying to sell, they have a link "add recommended" that when you click it, a page opens with all possible coin specifics. But date and denomination are in different places for every country! Terrible design.

Well I filled in this duplicate (already in my title) information for some countries. But when I got to Canada it would not work. If the date or denomination is not in the drop down menu you have to type it in. So you type in date and click "save" and the date disappears. No way to save it.

This is a really stupid requirement. The only people it benefits are the programmers at eBay who want the search engine to work differently. Buyers know how to search on titles and any seller who wants to sell coins provides date and denomination in the title.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3743 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2021  1:14 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Absolutely agree . EBay has a pretty messed up platform .
That is why we are gravitating more and more towards ETSY .
Way less foolish idiocy when trying to sell on line!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
8090 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2021  1:25 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I find the same things when listing British coins - you can add item specifics for some coins - like Beatrix Potter 50p's - but not for others!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1905 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2021  1:26 pm  Show Profile   Check jdmern's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jdmern to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree wholeheartedly, this is not a good decision. Extremely frustrating trying to add details manually to thousands of listings, and half of the time, the 'correct' denomination isn't even an option
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 179Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05