Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

NGC Registry Changes Silver Commemoratives 1892-1954 Complete Set (144 Pcs)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 203Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
607 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2021  7:05 pm Show Profile   Check captainrich's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add captainrich to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I used to have a set of 144 "Silver Commemoratives 1892-1954" that was considered 100% complete on the NGC Registry.

But now none of the NGC Registry sets in the category of "Silver Commemoratives 1892-1954, Complete Set (144 Pcs)" are listed as 100% Complete. That's right, there are currently no complete sets of 1892-1954 Silver Commemoratives on the NGC Registry.

Why, you ask? Well, it appears the NGC Registry for this particular set now requires the collector to have both proof Columbian Half Dollars (1892 & 1893) to be considered 100% complete.

Of course, these two proof commemoratives are still designated on the NGC Registry as "non-competitive, display-only." And the title of the Registry set still states that it contains "144 Pcs." But apparently collectors now need 146 coins to complete this 144-piece set.

BTW, the PCGS Registry for "Silver Commemoratives 144 Piece Mintmark & Variety Set, Circulation Strikes (1892-1954)" does not include the proof Columbian half Dollars.

Now I'm not really complaining, because I consider my set complete without the Columbian proof coins, and NGC can certainly change its parameters for complete sets on its Registry, it was just jarring for me to see my set go from 100% complete to 98% complete through no action of my own.

https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...e-sets/5621/
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5897 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2021  7:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Give it a few days. My guess is that it is an accidental glitch vs. a planned change to the required list for a complete commemorative set.

A quick look at the points awarded for the two proof Columbian coins reveals nonsense. There's no way NGC would add the very rare 1893 proof to the core list and award it 1 point regardless of grade - it makes no sense.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
United States
607 Posts
 Posted 01/16/2021  7:53 pm  Show Profile   Check captainrich's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add captainrich to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks commems, as a former IT program tester, my original thought was a possible glitch during an unrelated programming change... At least, I hope that's the case.
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 203Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05