Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1958 D Wheat Cent DDO Or MD?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 120Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
137 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2021  10:55 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Yorkish to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Having a hard time still with seeing the difference between hub doubling and Machine Doubling on certain coins (specifically the really shiny ones like this one). Looks like maybe some small spread on the 5 and maybe the 9 in the date, and what looks like a notch to me at the bottom left corner of the D in GOD. Please help me figure out what I'm looking at. Thanks in advance!

Edited by Yorkish
01/20/2021 11:07 pm
Valued Member
United States
137 Posts
 Posted 01/20/2021  11:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Yorkish to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Apologies, I was reading a thread that was originally posted in Error Coins and clicked New Topic from the post. Must have done it after it got moved but before the oage refreshed. Can a mod please move this to the appropriate forum? Thanks!
Valued Member
United States
137 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  10:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Yorkish to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anybody?
Valued Member
United States
431 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  11:04 am  Show Profile   Check sheldius's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sheldius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks like Machine Doubling to me. DDO would make the high parts of 5 wider/taller not thinner like seen here.
Valued Member
United States
137 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  11:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Yorkish to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I thought based on side by side comparison that it was a little wider but again my eyes aren't great for this yet. Especially with these shiny cents! I will continue to study it with those points in mind, thank you for the input!
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 120Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05