Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1983 P Quarter A Lot Of Errors

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 180Next Topic  
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  12:53 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add joebowy29 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello CC this 1983 P quarters mint mark is totally filled up and the reverse
Is out 10 to 20 percent rotated from the Obverse and the clad doesn't look right. What
Designation would this be under?iIf I might ask ?Thank you very much.

United States
21 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  12:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joebowy29 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm sorry 3 of the pics have different lighting but it's still the same coin and I printed a couple extra downloading it to the format my apologies.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
8816 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  07:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As soon as I see a post that says multiple errors on the same same coin, I become scepticle.
It is hard enough to find a single legitimate error on a coin let alone several.
To answer some of your questions,
the mm is what is known as a broken post, not uncommon on P and D mint marks.
Unless a die rotation is at least 90 degrees or more, there isn't much of a premium.
The clad looks like environmental damage on a well worn coin.
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  11:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joebowy29 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you jimmy d I appreciate it
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 180Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05