Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1993 Close AM Picture Comparison To A 1992 Am Vs 1993 Am

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 199Next Topic  

United States
6 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  12:26 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Beginner-Collect to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone I appreciate any and all help in advance I'májust getting into this and need some help
I have a 1993 penny with a close am I am pretty sure
I took a picture with the 93 and a 1992 penny so use can see how much closer the am is on the 1993 penny . Now I'm wondering is this normal for a 1993 penny or did I get lucky any advice is appreciated Thanks
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  12:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Beginner-Collect to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Bedrock of the Community
United States
37711 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  12:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. Close AM on a 1993 is normal. It is the 1992 CAM that need to look for.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
95916 Posts
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  1:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Beginner-Collect to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks John1 I have another penny that caught my eye should I upload it I hate asking to many questions
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  1:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Beginner-Collect to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

caught my eye from the color its orange ish or missing a coating
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54703 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  1:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You'll get more replies if you show your images right-side up.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1457 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  1:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SamCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@beginner-collect The 1980 looks like just a regular cent as well. What are you gonna do once you've been around here a while and you're an expert though?
My best finds:
1996 DDO-001/FS-101: http://goccf.com/t/372066
Two 2000 WAMs in a box: http://goccf.com/t/375240
1995 DDO-001/FS-101: http://goccf.com/t/376071#3225244
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  2:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Beginner-Collect to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm trying to learn about this stuff came here and was reading for awhile before I posted . Sorry about the image I took the picture right side up I don't no how it uploaded flipped
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1313 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  2:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm trying to learn about this stuff came here and was reading for awhile before I posted

Also Use the search box in the upper left hand side to read other CCF topics. Alot of good information there.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1329 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you are going to look for things like this, it's best to understand how it happens, and what it's known to have happened on.

This resource is a good place to start, it's Reverse Design Varieties (RDV) for Lincoln cents, there is also on that site another page for Obverse Design Varities (ODV)
http://varietyvista.com/01b%20LC%20...arieties.htm

since 1959 and the Memorial cent, the mint has tweeked the reverse design a number of times (8). Close and Wide AM die varieties are transitional errors, the switch from one design to another, and the wrong reverse dies were used on the transitional years creating a die variety for that year.

for the Lincoln cent the obverse was used since 1909 with minor changes, this happened 43 times over the years.

Anyways, I found it a useful resource to figure out how to determine the design varieties, and what I am, and am not looking for, along with the DDOs DDRs, and errors.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4999 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  5:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With future posts, please, one coin per thread. That way it is less confusing to us and allows us to help you better. Thanks.

to the CCF!

ša va bien aller

Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 199Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.8 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05