Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Sooo Did I Get Ripped?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 372Next Topic  
Canada
18 Posts
 Posted 01/21/2021  11:53 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Not logical to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone. I recently got into coin collecting by accident and bought a 1954 10$ bill with the devels face. Now I picked this up for 65$ and after looking around I think I over paid. So is it worth holding onto for my collection or should I just sell it and what should I ask for it?

Valued Member
Poland
387 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2021  02:51 am  Show Profile   Check norantyki's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add norantyki to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, unfortunately you've overpaid for that note in that grade. In my opinion, if you are looking to collect Canadian notes, I would say what is done is done, and keep it until you find a better example for your collection. I would recommend getting the Charleton banknote catalog - don't pay the listed prices, but if you are under those values, you aren't generally going too far wrong. As a side note, A/D is the first series of the Devil's face $10 - a bit of added interest. :)
Dealer, collector - Coins, Banknotes, Watches, Stamps, Antiquities - Norantyki.com
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54703 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2021  08:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Must agree.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1215 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2021  09:12 am  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF

As the other 2 members posted, yeah, looks like you paid "generously" for this one. And as "Norantyki" points out "what is done is one." Getting your hands on a catalogue would serve you well since there is so much great info in it. If you hold on to it for a few years you may break even (when selling).

In the meantime you could check out an online website called coindsandcanada https://www.coinsandcanada.com/bank...1&id_denom=6 for a ballpark figure for the OP note and other Bank of Canada (BOC) banknotes. Your note looks about "Fine" (or F-12) according to the chart on the site.

Good Luck!

Canada
18 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2021  5:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Not logical to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That`s what I figured. That`s why I`m glade I found this site you guys are incredibly helpful. I`ll probably keep it anyways as some of my collection is for the interest value and not monetary. But it is a learning processes and this site is perfect for beginners. Thanks Yall for the feedback.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1158 Posts
 Posted 01/22/2021  11:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add purelywasted to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
it is a learning processes and this site is perfect for beginners

It is a fun hobby and probably not the last time you will "learn" a lesson, after about 10 years I am still learning and making mistakes ;-).

Welcome to the fun and you are right, this is a great site, so many very knowledgeable and kind people.
Canada
18 Posts
 Posted 01/23/2021  05:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Not logical to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes they told me that on the sticker on the case. That and the face were the main selling points and I thought I might be overpaying because of the condition. But I`m OK with the bill I`ll keep it.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 372Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05