Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

How Do You Acquire Additions To Your Collection?

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 788Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4559 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  5:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Obviously I missed trades/swaps

As for mints, if you are ordering from them online, then they are an online retailer.
Valued Member
United States
348 Posts
 Posted 01/24/2021  6:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When I was first starting off I used ebay a lot, but I've come to find you can't beat the prices you'll find at shops/shows and I hate buying a coin that I can't look at first, pictures never do the same that seeing in person can.

Because shows have been out of the question for a year now, my current mains are my LCSs, but as soon as shows are back on I'll likely be 90% shows and 10% LCS
Learn More...
United States
97989 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  11:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Before COVID, coin shows were the king for me.

My last coin show was in February 2020 and I bought one coin (a big one though). I have no idea when the next will be.

If this poll were exclusively for 2020, the US Mint (Online Retailers) would barely edge out eBay.
United States
38 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  12:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shooligan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
US Mint and local auction houses have been the source of my buys.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9395 Posts
 Posted 01/25/2021  8:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Most routine coins come from eBay. Dated stuff from the 1400s comes from MA-Shops.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4153 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  10:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've dug thousands of coins one hundred years old or older. I get most of my collection that way.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Valued Member
United States
273 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  11:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jason39305 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pre-covid, I bought the majority of my coins from my LCS. I bought a smaller portion...25% on ebay. A smaller portion came from CRH and Coinstar, etc.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 788Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05