Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Possible 1944 Wheat Cent DDR-003

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 220Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
137 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  12:15 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Yorkish to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
The die markers would have long since worn off. The distended dot on the right side of the reverse caught my attention, and based on the thickness the only listed doubled die this seems to closely match is Wexler's DDR-003. This could also just be contact/circulation flattening, so please help me out here. I'm still training to be able to spot the difference.

EDIT: Meant to type DDR in the title/post, my mistake guys. Sorry!
Edited by Yorkish
01/26/2021 12:26 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3112 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  1:53 pm  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Point of clarity: I think you mean WDDR-003 as you mention Wexler's listings at one point. DDR-003 is so minor I doubt you could find it on a circulated coin, and it is paired with obverse DDO-007, another super minor DDO which also would be hard to see on a circulated coin.

Not sure what Wexler's WDDR-003 is right now as I am at work and can't really look into things, but important to get the numbering right so we know which attribution system you are looking at for comparison. When I read your title I was like, "Wow, someone actually found one of those."
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1178 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  2:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add That Coin Dude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Keep track of your collection: https://en.ucoin.net/?ref=Ux0E0if

My collection: https://en.ucoin.net/uid112788
A friendly coin dude that is here for you!
A coin collector from the Midwest USA.
I specialize in minting varieties and coin identification.
I am online 3+ times every day for 6-12 hours.
My best US coin find: http://goccf.com/t/387871
Valued Member
United States
137 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  2:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Yorkish to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@TropicalBats thank you for the information. I wasn't aware that there was much, if any, distinction between the two. I will know better hereafter!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5050 Posts
 Posted 01/26/2021  10:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There seems to be a fair amount of circulation flattening on this coin.
ça va bien aller

Valued Member
United States
137 Posts
 Posted 01/27/2021  07:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Yorkish to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The circulated wheat cents are tricky for me, circulation flattening still escapes me.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 220Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.47 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05