Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Finally Decided To Join The Community!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 121Next Topic  
United States
20 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2021  2:03 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add element47 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone! Element47 here. Ive used the forum quite a bit to help me answer questions about my coins over the past year, and finally decided to join in.

Ive been a casual collector since I was a kid. Like super casual. Just coins that were given to me or that Id find and think were cool. That sort of thing.

Then I got into silver about a decade ago so I collected a bit of silver when I had extra money. I just really got into learning as much as I can about coins a little over a year ago. Ive been doing as much learning as I can, because I actually find the history of the coins, and the learning about them as much fun as I do actually collecting the coins. (Unfortunately, I have pretty terrible short term memory. So, it tends to take me a little bit more time to learn things for the long term.)

I really like to collect American coinage/ currency. As well as other countries coins/ currency from times of war, or during times when something crazy was happening. I'mstarting to get into errors and varieties as well the last few months. Again, mostly reading and learning as much as I can before I spend a bunch of money on anything. Ive been buying some less expensive varieties and errors, mostly so that I can learn what they look like in hand. Pictures help, but it helps a lot more to be able to look at them in person and under different light sources etc.

I'mjust here to meet like minded people, and to learn what I can. I'mglad to be here. I did read the rules, but if I get anything wrong please just let me know. Aaaand I guess thats about it!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
37787 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2021  2:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF (silver).
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Edited by John1
02/22/2021 2:10 pm
Valued Member
United States
468 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2021  2:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF!!

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin
United States
20 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2021  3:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add element47 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you guys for the welcome. I hope to be able to learn and contribute as much as I can.
Learn More...
United States
96136 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
5070 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2021  11:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
16289 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2021  9:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 121Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.75 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05