Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Wheat Cents 1957 D, 1958 D Error Coins?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 965Next Topic  

United States
13 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2021  12:23 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add garstecj to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi, I was looking through some old rolls and found some interesting pennies. Could anyone tell me if the 58' is a letter error? The 57' looks like an error for sure, maybe struck through or something? I'd appreciate any thoughts, thanks!

United States
13 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2021  12:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add garstecj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry about the pics, I had trouble
Edited by garstecj
03/31/2021 12:44 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
8370 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2021  03:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We generally say we like to see one coin per thread, but seeing you have already posted these here for us, let's see what we can do for you.

OK, the first coin, that 1958 has a rather large die chip caught in the 9 which is rather typical for late 1950's cents.

The second coin is somehow damaged, almost like it could have been folded in half. Is the metal weak, like it could easily be folded over again? In my opinion, this does not look like a mint error, so I'm saying it is most likely post mint damage ( PMD). Although it *could* be minted though a string of rope perhaps!

Others may have varying opinions as to how the damage might have been make. Bonne chance!

to the CCF! Show us more of your coins! (separately please)

ša va bien aller

Pillar of the Community
Canada
2310 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2021  04:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Second coin make me remember the old roman coins find in the rivers in Italy. Like children's we use for daily play.
Those bronze coins was like this I still have some relicts.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
44668 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2021  04:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. The 58 is a nice die chip, but the corrosion spot by the bow tie kinda ruins it. The other looks like acid damage of some sort.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
67731 Posts
 Posted 03/31/2021  08:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 965Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: