Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

East African Florin 1921

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 117Next Topic  

United Kingdom
5 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2021  09:02 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add 213003 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Hi there.
I recently acquired the above and have a question. When I received it, the coin appeared inverted or the head and the back were not on the same axis.
Any thoughts as to whether this is an error or a counterfeit?
Thanks

Bedrock of the Community
United States
38499 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2021  09:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. Check here https://en.numista.com/
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United Kingdom
5 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2021  09:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 213003 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks john1

I had a look at the numista webpage but can't tell if it's meant to be inverted

Bedrock of the Community
United States
38499 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2021  09:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It reads metal alignment.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
68 Posts
 Posted 04/07/2021  09:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1847bill to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Numista lists the coin as a medal alignment. They show two arrows pointed up. This means the obverse and reverse should be aligned in the same direction. If your obverse is not aligned the same then it may be a mint error. People would make magicians coins which were two halves mounted together. Weigh the coin to determine if it has been altered. Weighing also helps determine if it is a fake.
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 117Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05