Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Commems Collection Canadian: Index To Silver Dollar Packaging Posts

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 0 / Views: 209Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5937 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2021  6:35 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Over the years, I've posted about the special edition packaging that was developed by the Royal Canadian Mint ( RCM) - either alone or in conjunction with another Government agency - for some of Canada's commemorative silver dollars (36 mm). The packages always included something beyond the silver dollar and almost always featured informational content beyond what was to be found on the coin's standalone Certificate of Authenticity (CoA).

The Charlton Standard Catalogue refers to these RCM packaging options as "Derivatives." I used this term in the original titles of my posts for consistency.

Here's a list of all the RCM "Silver Dollar Derivative" posts I've created to date - I believe I've covered all of the special packages produced, but I'd be happy to hear about any I've missed.

1. 1993 Stanley Cup 100th Anniversary Philatelic-Numismatic Cover (PNC)
2. 1997 Canada-Russia Hockey Summit Series 25th Anniversary Coin and Pin Set
3. 1997 Canada-Russia Hockey Summit Series 25th Anniversary Coin, Phone Card and Stamp Set
4. 1997 Canada-Russia Hockey Summit Series 25th Anniversary Gift Set
5. 1998 Royal Canadian Mounted Police 125th Anniversary Coin and Pin Set
6. 1998 Royal Canadian Mounted Police 125th Anniversary Gift Set
7. 1999 Juan Perez Sighting of Queen Charlotte Islands 225th Anniversary Coin and Pin Set
8. 1999 Juan Perez Sighting of Queen Charlotte Islands 225th Anniversary Coin and Journal Set
9. 2004 Ile Saint-Croix Coins and Stamps Set
10. 2005 Canadian Flag 40th Anniversary Coin and CD-ROM Set
11. 2009 Montreal Canadiens 100th Anniversary Coin on Ice Stand Set

As a bonus, here is an attractive set produced outside of the RCM:

- 1975 Calgary Centennial SD - Artist's Folder

Other of my posts about commemorative coins and medals can be found here: Read More: Commems Collection.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
  Previous TopicReplies: 0 / Views: 209Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.19 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05