Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1983 One Pound Is It Still Collectible

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 269Next Topic  
Valued Member
Trinidad And Tobago
84 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2021  08:34 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add vimsww to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
593 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2021  09:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hogarth to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The round pound coin was demonetised at the end of 2017 so you'd no longer be able to spend your coin in the UK. It's possible banks may still be willing to take them? I don't know.
I assume your photos are intended to show the edge lettering is upside down? It is a popular misconception that coins showing the lettering this way up are rare. The edge inscription was added prior to striking, while the coins were still blank on each side, so it is 50/50 which way up the edge lettering appears on the finished coin.
In total 443,053,510 1983 pound coins were struck so they are extremely common and even brilliant uncirculated specimens can be bought for as little as four or five pounds. Your coin is worn from heavy circulation and so has no numismatic value I'm afraid.
Edited by Hogarth
04/30/2021 09:17 am
Valued Member
Trinidad And Tobago
84 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2021  10:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vimsww to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thank you very much for your help on this coin I appreciate it
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
593 Posts
 Posted 04/30/2021  1:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hogarth to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

You're very welcome Vim.
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 269Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05