Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Any Insights Or Opinions About This Silver Dollar Buying Frenzy?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 31 / Views: 1,643Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
528 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  6:00 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add KauaiHawaiiGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Common date Morgans or Peace dollars that I could get for $25 to $35 just 6 months ago are now regularly selling for $40 to $60.

So any insight on just what's going on with silver dollar prices lately?

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***

Edited by KauaiHawaiiGuy
05/08/2021 6:46 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3952 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  6:47 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You are not looking hard enough .
There are loads for less on the Bay !
Over 800 BIN as of five minutes ago .
Those are Morgan's .
Didn't check Peace .
Edited by Pacificoin
05/08/2021 6:49 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
528 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  6:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KauaiHawaiiGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You are not looking hard enough .
There are loads for less on the Bay !
Over 800 BIN as of five minutes ago .

Did you look at any of those Morgans that are under $40? They are all culls. 6 months ago I was buying raw MS Morgan's for $30 to $40 all day long, now a cull brings that.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3952 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  7:04 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is what is called the market .
Demand is far exceeding supply .
Way too much money chasing too few goods .
Nice ones at 40 to 45 are readily available
and at that seem cheap .
If the US Mint can charge 80 plus for the upcoming bullion priced
Morgan Remakes , then the classic ones are easily worth the current ask !
Keep looking and good luck .
Pillar of the Community
United States
4051 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  7:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bullion Exchanges has avg circ (not culls) Peace dollars for $33.xx depending on how many you buy. BUs are $45-46 depending on quantity.
Edited by jimbucks
05/08/2021 7:07 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
2145 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  8:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rothery to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wait till September when the extra Unemployment money extensions are supposed to run out. Things will get back to normal -
Pillar of the Community
United States
528 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KauaiHawaiiGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Peace for $33.xx depending on how many you buy. BUs are $45-46 depending on quantity.

Well that sort of proves my point. Was bidding on and winning Peace dollars in AU to BU MS for $20 to $30, now VG's to XF's are $35 and BU MS are like you say $45 and up .............. and that's just a coin for a silver stacker that doesn't care a hoot about the year or mint of the coin, I do and that's a huge 30% to 50% increase in 6 months.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3952 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  8:43 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you are just stacking silver , what about cheaper options ?
Rounds , Canadian Silver Dollars , world silver ?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4887 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  9:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why is the S&P up more than 10% in 4 months?

(as @rothery said)
Edited by tdziemia
05/08/2021 9:10 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1064 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2021  9:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add machine20 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Wait till September when the extra Unemployment money extensions are supposed to run out. Things will get back to normal

Just in time for the "infrastructure" bill and probably more "covid" relief
Edited by machine20
05/09/2021 1:05 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
528 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2021  09:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KauaiHawaiiGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pacificoin ....................

Quote:
If you are just stacking silver , what about cheaper options ?
Rounds , Canadian Silver Dollars , world silver ?

You didn't read my comment carefully or I didn't make it clear enough ....... I said that I am not a silver stacker and those $33.xx prices for VG Peace dollars and $45-$46 for BU's are for silver stackers that don't care about the coin, only the silver, but I do care about what coins I buy, and Morgan and Peace dollars are up $25% to $50% in 6 months.

So basically that's why I was asking for opinions or comments. Everything a person can buy goes up over time, I get that, but this is like hyper inflation in silver dollars ............... 50% in 6 months is not normal.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
59328 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2021  09:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, too much money chasing too few goods. Explains the rise in prices for lots of things, including stocks and bullion coins. Someday this bubble is bound to burst.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3952 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2021  2:17 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree coinfrog ......a gigantic kaboom !
Talk about whining about prices ........
Lumber .......last year a pressure treated 2x4 around 6 CAD
Today 20 CAD .
Last year a 2000 SF Townhouse in our complex 450K CAD
This week 2 sold for 600K CAD .
We are the edge of economic disaster .
The price of Silver Dollars ...minor issue .
Pillar of the Community
United States
528 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2021  4:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KauaiHawaiiGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pacificoin ......

Quote:
talk about whining about prices ........
Lumber .......last year a pressure treated 2x4 around 6 CAD
Today 20 CAD .
Last year a 2000 SF Townhouse in our complex 450K CAD
This week 2 sold for 600K CAD
The price of Silver Dollars ...minor issue

Well there's whining and then there's asking a question ...... you see I'm buying silver dollars, so to me it's not a minor issue, and that's why I asked the question.
I read recently that Bill Gates just spent 171 million on some farm land, so I imagine to him your condos now selling for $600,000 CAD instead of $450 is also a minor issue. It's really all about perspective.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3952 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2021  6:07 pm  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's correct chicken feed to the super rich .
As I see it the economy will fall off a Cliff and buying silver dollars or any other
Want ( not need ) will be minuscule to state the least .
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
18720 Posts
 Posted 05/09/2021  6:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is whining and there is dining!
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 31 / Views: 1,643Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05