Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Its A 1988 Helvetia B 2 Franks

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 381Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
78 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2021  05:06 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Adam C Vance to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Can any one tell me where I could go online to try and grade this coin or does any one here have that ability I don't see any doubling or misprenting on it just looks like a good normal stamped coin... Could there possibly be some cool history behind it

Valued Member
United States
209 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2021  05:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Parnelli917 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1988 Swiss, 2 Franc coin. Looks normal to me.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
40755 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2021  06:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You posted in the wrong section.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
9187 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2021  3:32 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A recent, current Swiss 2-franc piece. Worth around $2.24 at the current rate of exchange.

It is a historic design because it has remained virtually unchanged since the 1870s. These coins were originally struck in silver but have been made from cupro-nickel since 1968. The Latin name 'Helvetia' solves the problem of otherwise having to put 'Switzerland' in the country's four official languages: German, French, Italian and Romansh.
Learn More...
Australia
13808 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2021  11:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Each star on the obverse represents one of the Swiss "states", or cantons. There are 23 on this coin, representing the 23 "full cantons" of Switzerland.

Prior to 1983, there were only 22 stars. In 1979, the half-canton of Jura was promoted to full cantonship, and the 23rd star was therefore added to the coins a few years later.

A constitutional revision in 1999 abolished the status of "half-canton", promoting the six remaining half-cantons to full cantonship and giving Switzerland the 26 cantons it has today. The number of stars on the coins remains at 23, however; the former half-cantons are now officially called "cantons with half of a cantonal vote" in the new constitution. So it was more a change in label, than a change in status.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 381Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05