Coin Community Family of Web Sites
YourCoinBox is offering a stress free way to appraise and sell your coins from the comfort of your home. Our goal is to create an ultra transparent and no pressure experience for finding out what your coins are worth and what to do with them.
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Hello From A New Member Just Starting The Hobby

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 243Next Topic  
United Kingdom
2 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2021  07:30 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Artisan to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

My name is Greg and I am retired and live in the South West of England. I am a new member of the forum and as a complete beginner at collecting coins I would be grateful for advice and answers to some questions.

The coins I am most interested in would be from the Roman period and up to the Victorian era. I would like buy and sell online as a hobby and would like to know the best way to get started on a budget?

I already have a selection of various coins that I have inherited over the years and would like to sell them so I can purchase more coins. My problem is that most of the coins I need to identify. Can anyone tell me what is the best way to search and identify these coins using the internet?

What is the best way to buy coins online? Would eBay be worth a look or can someone recommend other online auctions or online sellers?

Finally, could anybody suggest an online coin inventory software I could use to keep track of my collection?

Thanks in anticipation.

Best regards,
Greg
Bedrock of the Community
United States
40014 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2021  07:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
,enjoy.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
101893 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
5073 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2021  11:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
1596 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2021  9:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 243Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05