Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Coins Found In Cars

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 481Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
2554 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2021  4:18 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I often find coins in cars so I figured I would post my car coin collection. These were not just found by me. I found the wheats 5-7 of the Canadians, a few tokens, plenty of this and that. The others were found by my father who kept any strange coin he found working in the shop. I find mine getting parts for vehicles at the u pull it. You are welcome to post your own car coins. Here's a few. I'll update the new arrivals.

Yes there are Philippines issues and 1942 British Half Cent there. Thanks to nells250 for inspiring me to post this. Happy car hunting!
Valued Member
United States
468 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2021  4:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tencentpenny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is very cool; I have heard of people finding caches of money in old abandoned cars (I read about it in a treasure hunting book that I have).
Pillar of the Community
United States
2554 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2021  4:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I suppose my personal back seat best of $8.51 (f350 with busted out engine) is not a huge cache but I believe it. I deal with some older cars sometimes and they usually don't have too much money in them. The best scores are in 2002-2009 vechicles if you ask me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
524 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2021  6:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll start with this 2020 post: http://goccf.com/t/384971

Since then, I have started to actually pay attention to "car cushion coins"! ;-)
Pillar of the Community
United States
821 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2021  8:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add berto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Neat post, thanks for sharing.

I wish I had removed the back seat of all the 60's and 70's cars I and my classmates drove back then because I imagine there would have been some US silver coins under those seats!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2625 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2021  6:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Parklane64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My brother had friends in the 60ies that got their car vacuumed for free if I had time.

"Oh, he's a 'tard for that stuff."

Well, yeah, but that's another story.

Who's ready for the 4th of July?

I figure 600 acres will burn in my county this year.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 481Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05