Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1942 Lwe. Suspecting An Unattributed DDO.v

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 29 / Views: 706Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member

United States
147 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  6:00 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Dowhat to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This is a 1942 LWE that is at least MS63 best I can tell. I say red. To give you an idea as my picture skills are poor. Scope pictures,color off.
There are several examples of doubled eyelids listed for this date. Yet none resemble this. The doubling is SE of the normal. In hand, it is a definite bump that originates directly below the normal and falls off causing the shadow to the south.
This is not a hit. A bump (raised) then dropping. Parallel to the normal or slightly rotated. It is hard to find any PMD on this one.
With the known examples of hub doubling in this area for this date, would it be impossible for a new vatiety to be found?
Even the best of the images I will download,cannot convey to you what I see. I ask you keep an open mind and eliminate PMD.
I have gained a great deal of knowledge from you veterans over time. What to look for, and what to ignore. This is one of those what to look for cents.
I will by no means be let down if " no big deal"is the verdict, as long as I am convinced otherwise by those who know.
I would be interested in your responses up to now and Iwillbegin to upload photos. That's another task in itself for me.

Valued Member
United States
147 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  6:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dowhat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
3080 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  6:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What is a 'LWE'? You mention 'parallel to this or that but don't mention what device you are refeencing. This very vuage description really does not help me to visualize what you are seeing.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3080 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
563 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  6:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add td5173 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are you talking about the green under the eye in your picture?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
563 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  6:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add td5173 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You might want to back off the light a little on your scope also and surrounding light as well. Play with it I have to with on mine.
Edited by td5173
07/22/2021 6:26 pm
Valued Member
United States
147 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  6:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dowhat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to do j
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
60740 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  6:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It would help if you could show us this coin in its true color.
Valued Member
United States
147 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  6:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dowhat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Refer to the Redbook(1909-1958),Lincoln,Wheat Ears. Thus, LWE.
Valued Member
United States
147 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  6:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dowhat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Again,semantics. Really? What about the topic?
Pillar of the Community
United States
6844 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  7:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We refer to them as LWC, or "wheaties."
ša va bien aller

Valued Member
United States
147 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  7:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dowhat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is the best I can do.

Pillar of the Community
United States
3080 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  7:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Again,semantics. Really

No, not semantics, I really didn't understand any of your post without pictures. Unfortunately for me, I was already typing my response while you were posting pictures, un-beknown to me. Until just now. so...
This forum fly's high with so many abbreviations, I cannot possibly know or remember them all, so give me a little break on that point.
Edited by Dearborn
07/22/2021 7:27 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3489 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  7:26 pm  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a coincidental stain. There's another in the field in front of the eyebrow.
Valued Member
United States
147 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  7:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dowhat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Who is "We"?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1985 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2021  8:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jasper62 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Who is "We"?

Just about every person on this forum,collectors,buyers,sellers. Everyone that I know since I started collecting coins in the early 70"s
As far as your coin goes I see nothing note worthy
Edited by jasper62
07/22/2021 8:03 pm
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 29 / Views: 706Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05