Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1922 Silver Dollar

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 454Next Topic  

United States
1 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2021  05:49 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Coinlove to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi all. I'm new to coin collecting and I recently inherited this beauty. She's worn and not perfect by no means but I love her. Can anybody give me an idea of what it could be worth? If there are any errors on it? Anything really, I would love to know

*** Edited by Staff - Removed duplicate images ***
Edited by Coinlove
07/26/2021 05:59 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41294 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2021  07:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
. Photos are not clear enough for seeing potential varieties. Value looks to be silver melt value.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
12030 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2021  07:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF

From the pictures supplied, I would say the value is whatever 26.7g of
silver is worth at the present time.
Valued Member
United States
189 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2021  07:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HappyHippo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1922 was one of the most common Peace dollars. That one is pretty worn. There is 0.77 oz of silver in it, which would be a little under $20 at today's prices.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
61646 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2021  08:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, a bullion coin that will fluctuate in value with silver prices.

to the CCF!
Edited by Coinfrog
07/26/2021 08:53 am
Learn More...
United States
104880 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2554 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2021  3:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!
Valued Member
United States
203 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2021  5:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numiscrat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can check some of the online bullion sellers like JM Bullion or APMEX. If you were to try to get another coin like that through such sources, it looks like a realistic retail price, maybe upper end, is around $30. I buy coins in auctions and from a small dealer. I haven't seen a "melt" silver dollar in recent months that someone like me could buy at melt. COVID and instability, you know?

A few months ago, when silver was around $28 ozt, I sold some of my low grade common ones for $25-27 each to someone who flipped them for a few dollars more. I think that market is softening, though.

Yours is a common Peace dollar. In that grade, it would be a candidate pocket piece for me. A little more wear won't hurt the value, and it is kind of fun to have a silver dollar in hand. My safe queens are prettier, but they don't get out much.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 454Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05