Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Commems Collection Modern: 2014 Baseball Hall Of Fame Cousins - Part III

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 221Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6585 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  07:08 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Volume 3 of the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum commemorative series was titled "The Hall Enters the 21st Century." The third volume covers the years 1989 to 2014 - the third and final 25-year block covering the Hall's 75th Anniversary.

About Volume 3 From the now-shuttered series web site:

"The third coin in the series captures the last 25 years of baseball history, from 1989 to 2014. During that time the game witnessed significant change, from retro-inspired ballparks and sabermetrics, to the introduction of the wild card and the World Baseball Classic. The era also saw its share of great moments, including Nolan Ryan's 5,000th career strikeout, Cal Ripken breaking Lou Gehrig's consecutive games played record, Joe Carter's walk-off home run to clinch the 1992 World Series for the Blue Jays, and the Red Sox winning their first World Series since a guy name Ruth was part of their rotation. The Hall of Fame saw tremendous change as well, completing the largest renovation in its history in 2005, while also inducting a host of heroes from the modern game - Johnny Bench, Carl Yastrzemski, Tom Seaver, Mike Schmidt, George Brett, Nolan Ryan, Tony Gwynn, Cal Ripken Jr. and Rickey Henderson."

It was during this period that I made visiting the Hall a priority and took my nephew on a week-long adventure that culminated in Cooperstown with a visit to the Hall and Museum. In the days prior, we traveled through Pennsylvania and upstate New York taking in two Single A games, two Double A games and two Triple A minor league games - six games in all! It was a great trip overall, but the highlight was Cooperstown and our day at the Hall. My nephew and I are both baseball fans (over all other sports), so the entire trip was a terrific experience - it was the first time either of us had taken in a minor league game. Our only point of contention during the week was his support of the NY Yankees vs. mine for the NY Mets! (I was only tempted to leave him on the side of the road - I never acted on such thoughts! )

I arranged our itinerary through a company called Baseball Odysseys. They mapped out the route and secured tickets to each of the games based on my instructions to them. Unfortunately, they don't appear to be an active company anymore (and haven't been for at least 10 years based on my previous search attempts), so I can't recommend other baseball fans seek them out for trip planning today - but I had nothing but good things to say when they were in business!

Here are images of the panels of Volume 3, The Hall Enters the 21st Century: 1989-2014.:

COA Set - Volume 3: The Hall Enters the 21st Century: 1989-2014 - Front Cover

COA Set - Volume 3: The Hall Enters the 21st Century: 1989-2014 - Inside Front Cover

COA Set - Volume 3: The Hall Enters the 21st Century: 1989-2014 - Inside Center Panel

COA Set - Volume 3: The Hall Enters the 21st Century: 1989-2014 - Inside Right Panel Flap - Back

COA Set - Volume 3: The Hall Enters the 21st Century: 1989-2014 - Inside Right Panel Flap - Front

COA Set - Volume 3: The Hall Enters the 21st Century: 1989-2014 - Inside Medal Panel - Front

COA Set - Volume 3: The Hall Enters the 21st Century: 1989-2014 - Inside Medal Panel - Back

COA Set - Volume 3: The Hall Enters the 21st Century: 1989-2014 - Back Cover

COA Set - Volume 3: The Hall Enters the 21st Century: 1989-2014 - Certificate of Authenticity

COA Set - Volume 3: The Hall Enters the 21st Century: 1989-2014 - Promotional Sheet

COA Set - Volume 3: The Hall Enters the 21st Century: 1989-2014 - Front Cover of "The Hall Enters the 21st Century" Poster

I'll present images of Volume 4 in my final post on the series.

If you'd like to have a look at the previous posts on the series:

- 2014 Baseball Hall of Fame Cousins - Part I
- 2014 Baseball Hall of Fame Cousins - Part II

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Edited by commems
08/03/2021 07:09 am
Learn More...
United States
105068 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  12:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another lovely medal and the associated material is still impressive!

Quote:
Joe Carter's walk-off home run to clinch the 1992 World Series for the Blue Jays
The entire city of Atlanta cringed as I read that. Yes, I can hear them from here. Also, I am pretty sure that was Bobby Cox who just showed up outside my window. "Why? Why?"

Yes, this Cubs fan was pulling for the Braves. NL all the way! Well, except for Detroit, the only AL team I like.
  Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 221Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05