Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

50 Cent Pieces At Work!

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 1,472Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
4770 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  5:59 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TheForce to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So as of late, the store has been having trouble getting quarters and yes even pennies from the bank they use. That said, they bought $200 in 50c pieces to use for change to save on quarters. It's fantastic having that extra slot for them! Love it! And it DID save on quarters. I usually open a few rolls per day, but today I didn't have to. 50c coins makes sense. I didn't see any silver but my eyes and ears are wide open. An older gentlemen asked if I had more because he wanted to buy them but I said we had them because we are short on quarters. So I wasn't able to oblige his request.
Valued Member
United States
149 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  7:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coronet1832 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I used to buy rolls of 50c coins and use as change every now and then. Still have several rolls laying around. Forgot about doing this during the pandemic but maybe it's time to start again!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4770 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2021  8:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheForce to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are other businesses in the area also getting 50c coins from the bank. I like the trend. Maybe there will be a demand.
Learn More...
United States
106425 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  09:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Outstanding!

Now swap out your singles for some baby dollars.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4770 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2021  7:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheForce to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Day 2...didn't even have to open a roll of quarters today. The benefit of the halves have been realized. I cracked open a roll of halves but nothing good.
Learn More...
United States
106425 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
4770 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2021  9:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheForce to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Day 3...went well. Opened a roll of halves, nothing good. Still haven't opened any quarter rolls yet. I really hope the store keeps using halves. It feels right.
Valued Member
United States
312 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2021  06:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kenwright396 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting, sounds like a good plan.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4770 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2021  10:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheForce to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was reading that mintage numbers for halves this year have increased significantly over previous years. And there have been reports of 2021 rolls being gotten at banks. It would seem the Feds are ordering halves for circulation to help alleviate the quarter shortage (not really a shortage, but rather a circulation problem).
Learn More...
United States
106425 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2021  10:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I really hope the store keeps using halves. It feels right.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4770 Posts
 Posted 08/06/2021  9:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheForce to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Day 4 in the books! Opened another roll of halves and NO quarters! Actually got a few comments on the halves. I mentioned we're using them because we're having trouble getting quarters. Everyone seemed pleasantly surprised....oh that is a good idea!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4770 Posts
 Posted 08/07/2021  9:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheForce to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Day 5... more of the same. Operation Half Dollar is an astounding success!
Learn More...
United States
106425 Posts
Valued Member
United States
163 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2021  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add davef to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Last Friday I was able to purchase a bag of halves from my bank that came off their coin counter. I had been taking quarters into a local Sheetz store for the last couple of months. I mentioned I also had halves if they wanted them. They were more than happy to take and use them they said. So far they have taken $200 of the $500 bag.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4770 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2021  12:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheForce to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think this is a great opportunity to reintroduce halves into circulation. Maybe they'll stick this time. I heard reports of people getting rolls of 2021 halves at their banks. I am curious if there was a mintage increase?
Learn More...
United States
106425 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2021  12:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe there was. All you people getting halves circulating again is draining the supply at the Fed!
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 1,472Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: