Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Rolls From The US Mint Question

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 669Next Topic  

United States
40 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2021  7:44 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CaptJeffWorthFL to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I see rolls on ebay for sale of the Statehood Quarters that are from the US mint officially. Not BU rolls, but with wrapping from the mint of either Denver or Philadelphia with usmint.gov and the 1-800 number and so on.

Question is, can these rolls contain error coins or have all the coins in each roll been vetted or checked for errors before being sent out?

2nd question, can these rolls increase in value over time if left unsealed and kept in pristine condition?

Thanks beforehand with any help!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1667 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2021  1:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
those rolls were sold directly by the mint. I see no reason why they couldn't possibly contain an error.
I would NOT pay more for that possibility, one having an error coin is the same odds as a BU bank roll.

i'd say no, they really won't increase in value over time, plenty of folks saved rolls, and it will be a couple hundred years before that "BU Mint wrapped roll" is going to dry up.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17467 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2021  1:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those are rolls sold to the public from the U.S. Mint . Each roll is brilliant uncirculated coins . A dealer or e-bay seller gets them and sells them at a premium above the mints price . Yes you can find errors with these rolls as with the same percentage of Bank wrapped rolls from a bank . I tend to disagree with Big-Kingdom about the U.S. Mint wrapped rolls of any denomination not increasing in value in the long run .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
United States
694 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2021  10:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollector123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They are neat but have an equal chance at containing an error coin as any other bank roll from a new box.
I had someone have a State Quarter roll collection that he deposited at my bank. At the time these rolls were fetching like $12 per roll and they were more bulky for what they were. I did open the deleware to look for the spitting horse die variety and found about 4 of them in that roll. Sadly there was no Wisconsin D rolls. I held onto it for about a month waiting for another coin collector to come along so I could give it to them for Face Value. To me they are not worth the time and effort to find a buyer and ship them. Bulky and heavy. Now they have gone up in value and they run about $20. But it depends on the collector as its just a normal BU roll of quarters, only difference is that its directly from the mint with a special cover.
Not my cup of Tea

Valued Member
United States
109 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2021  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pauley to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Me personally I wouldnt pay any more for them , I would just get them from the bank.
Pillar of the Community
United States
694 Posts
 Posted 08/16/2021  1:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollector123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Me personally I wouldnt pay any more for them , I would just get them from the bank.

OP is talking about the ones directly from the Mint that are not available thru banks. In my picture they are top and middle rows that actually show the Mint logo on the side.
Those rolls tend to get a better price but in terms of finding a buyer and how heavy/bulky they are. Some people will only pay Face for them though. For me, They are not worth much more than Face and takes up space to the collection.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 669Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: