Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is There Anything I Have Worth Doing A Milestone Contest?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 547Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Canada
2504 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2021  09:40 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
If I do a milestone contest what would anyone want me to put up for grabs? The only things I can think of are the commemorative loonies and toonies I have coloured and non from 2017-2021, or possibly my silver dimes. Let me know and I'll do a contest,other wise I'll have to do a bigger contest at 2000 posts lol, also any pointers on how to ship single coins would be appreciated, I'd rather not spend 15$ to ship a dime or toonie obviously-_-
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5841 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2021  09:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your choice for the prize.

For mailing I just put 1 or 4 coins between 2 pieces of cereal box then into an envelope.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2504 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2021  09:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@mcshilling, so just send them in an envelope by mail? What would that cost lol 60? That's in my budget for sure. I wouldn't mind suggestions on the prize or prizes. Don't Wana have a contest no one really wants to be a part of. I can't imagine anyone saying no to silver even if it is just dimes but a dimes worth about 2$ so that's why I thought maybe the commemoratives, I have the 3 non coloured Armistice toonies from the mint roll, easily BU but probably more in the AU category. My others like the insulin toonie and glow in the dark toonie aren't in as great of shape .

Give your suggestions
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3658 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2021  10:00 am  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
given your limited funds. you could also do a contest, with bragging rights as the prize..

It is not a written rule to give something away.. Save your money for more important things..
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2504 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2021  10:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@silver, I have 5-6 silver dimes that are basically just collecting dust with me. I don't really have any dime collection just the random silver dimes iv found roll hunting. I would never spend them and they are essentially just 10 to me unless I melted them. So doing a 60 give away would hurt me really.

The community has done plenty for me so I'd like to give back. And though they aren't in amazing shape and not in 22s I wouldn't mind seeing them in the hands of someone who would have them for more then the fact that they are silver.

I'm aware I don't have to do a give away contest, at least with the dimes it wouldn't hurt me at all. Though I'm not sure there are any dime collectors on here lol. Dimes don't get much attention compared to other denominations.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2504 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2021  10:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also it would be my first time ever shipping something so if I'm ever going to post anything on ebay or anything I'll have to have some experience shipping coins lol.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
934 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2021  11:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hope you don't feel any pressure to host a contest. That is not why we are here. Your enthusiasm is enough for me. And it does give back to the community. Do as you like, but like wolfy said....braggin' right's are cool too.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2504 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2021  11:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There isn't any pressure, I know others have done bragging rights. There isn't really much point in me trying to sell 6 silver dimes, I guess I could sell them in a lot but after fees and such I imagine I'd make like 5$ I can be an over enthusiastic person lol, at the rate I post I'll be at 2000 posts before the end of the year :p
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
934 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2021  12:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
at the rate I post I'll be at 2000 posts before the end of the year :p

Yup. Go for it. . Then you'll need another contest....and another....and another......
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2504 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2021  12:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll get there. Hopefully with better quality posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2504 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2021  08:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So I made up my mind and I'm going to do a guessing game contest with 6 silver dimes as the prizes, not the greatest prizes but free bullion at the least lol. I'll post when I think if a question and I'll post the dimes so you can see the years and shape they are in(not great shape)
Pillar of the Community
United States
2443 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2021  09:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It is not a written rule to give something away.. Save your money for more important things..

Well said. In addition to saving your money, you should probably hang on to the items you've already collected. The coins I picked up when I was starting out are still among my favorites.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2504 Posts
 Posted 09/02/2021  09:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm hanging onto so many coins lol, but these dimes I'm only hanging onto because they are silver. Seeing as I will probably never try to sell them, I think they will make a good prize. I know there is no written rule about this. My interest is more in errors and verities. These silvers there is one variety(2 actually) the 1953 NSF. But I don't really focus on dimes other then finding silver in rolls. Half the time I give my silver dimes as a tip lol, so this is me "tipping" the community. I out these aside because of there silver content but that's all they really are to me, little pieces of silver.if I start a collection it will be more of nickels and quarters and pennies,as well as commemorative loonies and toonies. Not a big dime guy lol.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1049 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2021  10:46 am  Show Profile   Check sheldius's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sheldius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Contests are fun, but only if you want to do them. Try to make it last a week or two so people have time to participate. People will play despite the prize if it doesn't take them to much time to do.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12071 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2021  12:50 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So I made up my mind and I'm going to do a guessing game contest with 6 silver dimes as the prizes

Sounds good to me!

In Memory of Crazyb0 12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious 3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020

Oh that I was where I would be,
Then I would be where I am not,
Here I am where I must be,
Go where I would, I can not.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2504 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2021  08:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will start the contest Monday morning at 8a.m or around that time. So I'm about 24 hours from this post.
  Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 547Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: