Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

12 Same Serial Numbers And Consecutive Numbers 12 Pair Or 24 In Total 1986

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 350Next Topic  

United States
3 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2021  8:11 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Rachael12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Set of uncirculated, same serial numbers and consecutive Canadian 1986 $2 dollar bill set. Needing advice or offers on Values. Thank you so much!

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
11635 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2021  8:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF

There is no premium for consecutive numbers on modern currency,
just too many of them out there.
They are probably worth about $3.00 each but someone might give
you a little more for a matching pair if they collected that sort of thing.
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2021  8:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rachael12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you &
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1256 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2021  12:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is a website for searching specific numbers. The 2$ bill is mainly valued based on the prefix so you would have to look the average price of EGR 2$ bills. The only series I researched a bit was the 1986 AU prefixes
Learn More...
United States
103793 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1256 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2021  1:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You should post both sides of the bills if possible, I believe signature's make a difference on these as well. Based on what I can see they are worth face value to 3$
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1404 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2021  3:28 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
& to CCF!

Although the run of notes pictured look to be in high grade, people hoarded bundles (& even bricks) of these so they tend to swamp the market & get little attention. The notes pictured happen to be on the wrong side of the EGR change-over (Thiessen-Crow EGR are less than 2M). Even then, not a lot of interest since they're so plentiful.

If you would like a summary of the prefixes to keep an eye out for please visit my hobby site. I have revised the BIRDS TWO DOLLAR information just today.
https://sites.google.com/view/notap...s-boc-series
and will try to get to the other denominations over the course of the week.

Check out this other page (still under construction) on Special Serial Numbers in case you're interested:
https://sites.google.com/view/notap...rial-numbers
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  1:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rachael12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks DBM that's a great idea! I'll do that
Edited by Rachael12
09/17/2021 1:30 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8550 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  1:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sell them in sets of four or six as matching number consecutives.
Even though each note isn't worth much more than face, there are buyers on eBay who would pay a relatively hefty premium for such sets.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 350Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05