Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Commems Collection: Classic US Commemorative Coins With A Cornucopia

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 235Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6724 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  07:49 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Here's the last of the three mini-list posts I previously mentioned, this time out it's a linked list of posts about classic US commemorative coins whose designs feature a cornucopia - all were posted over in the "Post Your..." Gallery threads. As with the topics/themes covered by the first two of my mini-lists, only a few classic US commemorative coins fit this theme, so my post list is brief.

To the short classic-era US commemorative coin list, I've added a US Mint-struck Exposition medal and one of my favorite coin designs from South America - a large silver Un Sol coin from Peru.

1. 1915 Panama-Pacific International Exposition, Half Dollar
2. 1923 Monroe Doctrine Centennial
3. 1935-36 California-Pacific International Exposition (aka San Diego)

BONUSES

- 1915 Panama-Pacific International Exposition Official Medal
- 1915 Peru Un Sol

Some interesting world coins have been posted by others in the thread, most notably coins from France and its colonies, so I encourage you to take a few minutes to scroll around a bit after you check out one or more of my posts.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Edited by commems
09/17/2021 07:50 am
Learn More...
United States
106270 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7335 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  12:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice commems ... I always appreciate you cataloging these references to other threads.

One of my favorites is HK-405 Georgia Fund SCD issued for the 1915 Panama Pacific International Exposition. It has a gorgeous obverse image of a female figure striding towards a distant city emenating rays of light, while holding an overflowing cornucopia.

I should post a picture of it in the 'Post Your' thread ... but don't have an image available.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5174 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2021  2:46 pm  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice list there Commems.

Thanks as always for your excellent posts.
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6724 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2021  8:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all for the kind feedback - always appreciated!

@nickelsearcher: Yes, HK-405 is definitely a top-notch design - very powerful imagery! I hold out hope of finding an attractive example of HK-410 which also includes a cornucopia.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 235Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: