Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1891 Obverse 2 Large Cent

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 269Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1782 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2021  12:46 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add papeldog to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I've been pretty busy with my other hobby finding and re-building older Cars + Trucks, so I haven't been doing much with coins.

I was on ebay last week and saw this coin buy it now for cheap, so here it is not in the best shape but a very hard coin to find in any shape keep your eye's open for them.

1891 obverse 2 with full footed N in Regina.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2554 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2021  1:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF20
Valued Member
Canada
223 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2021  1:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sammeli to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've got 3 of them. Yes they are hard to come by. The best I could find is a vg15. Yours is still a good one
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3910 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2021  2:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice. I traded the only 2 that I had off.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1782 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2021  3:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add papeldog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sammeli, you are correct it is a tuff variety to find having 3 is pretty good no matter the condition.

Here's another one I found several years ago probably the highest graded one I have. It was cleaned when I purchased it for two years I handled it everyday then for the last year it has been in a brown paper coin flip its starting to tone again after at least 3 years of conditioning.

Today first then when I purchased it.

Valued Member
Canada
223 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2021  5:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sammeli to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So when you say handling do you mean putting it in you pocket every day for 2 years? I have a 1882 that I would love tone tone
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1782 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2021  6:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add papeldog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
NO, I had it on my computer desk with a couple 1881 varieties that I would hold in my hand one at a time for a 1/2 - 1 hour at a time sometimes a couple times a day it takes some time but you will see how it changes the appearance.

I think the brown paper coin flip helps speed it up and makes it darker looking.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 269Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.26 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05