Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1893 Isabella Quarter- Thoughts And Grade

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 320Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
213 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  2:33 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add BGLI to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I would appreciate your thoughts and grade for this 1893 Isabella Quarter. Its in an NGC holder. Your input is always helpful.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
61475 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  2:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can't see enough surface detail under the toning to make a call.
Pillar of the Community
United States
644 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  9:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To me, it looks like it is in the upper AU category.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6533 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  10:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The dark, mottled toning makes it difficult for my eyes to clearly see the coin's surfaces. Overall, the coin's images give me the impression it is an AU example, but, in hand under a good light, I might see it differently.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7271 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  05:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The image is too dark for me to assess the surfaces.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Valued Member
United States
213 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  4:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BGLI to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I understand how the deep toning makes seeing clear surfaces on the NGC slabbed coin a challenge. It really is a beautiful example of quarter in hand. Hoping these new pictures are a little more helpful. sorry rev is rotated- could not get it straight. thanks

Valued Member
United States
213 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  3:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BGLI to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi- coin is NGC graded MS 63. I do agree the toning makes it a challenge to evaluate without having in hand- and my photography skills leave much to be desired. thanks all
Valued Member
United States
213 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  3:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BGLI to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 320Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.29 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05