Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Coin Enthusiast - Unknown Bronze/Copper Coin

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 302Next Topic  

United States
2 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2021  4:26 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add BaconDouble to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello,
I have had this coin for the past 40 years or so and have never been able to figure out what it is. There are a few very faint numbers/letters. It has a patina and looks like copper? underneath.
I took pictures under different lighting (same coin)

Does anyone have an idea of what coin this is? Thanks for much for any leads or help.

approx 17.5 grams weight
33.8mm across
2.7mm thickness

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Sweden
929 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2021  4:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add erafjel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to Coin Community BaconDouble!

What you have is probably a George III penny from the early 19th century, like this one: https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces12981.html
Learn More...
United States
108156 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
13156 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2021  5:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF

erafgel nailed it. A George III penny.
Can't make out the date but they were only
issued for three years, 1806, 1807 & 1808
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
715 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2021  04:25 am  Show Profile   Check PaddyB's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add PaddyB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

As JimmyD and others have said, George III penny. It will be 1806 or 1807. Technically 1808 is possible but as it is listed as "unique" in the book, I think it unlikely!
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2021  1:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BaconDouble to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to all for the answer. Has vexed me for a few decades now!
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 302Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: