Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Commems Collection Modern: US Commemorative Coins With Stars - Part I (1983-1991)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 208Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7054 Posts
 Posted 11/29/2021  08:02 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I've previously posted an Index for quick access to the posts I've made about classic-era US commemorative coins that feature stars in their designs - the posts were made over in the "Post Your..." Gallery threads.

You can access that "classic" Index here: Classic US Commemorative Coins with Stars.

I'm back with another "Stars" index, but this time it is populated with links to modern-era US commemorative coins. This is the first of three or four eventual indices for this group, this one has a focus on the period 1982-1991 - the first 10 years of the modern series.

1. 1983 Los Angeles Olympics - Silver Dollar
2, 1984 Los Angeles Olympics - Gold Eagle
3. 1986 Statue of Liberty - Gold Half Eagle
4. 1987 US Constitution Bicentennial
5a. 1989 US Congress Bicentennial - Half Dollar
5b. 1989 US Congress Bicentennial - Silver Dollar
5c. 1989 US Congress Bicentennial - Gold Half Eagle
6. 1990 Dwight David Eisenhower Memorial
7a. 1991 Mount Rushmore 50th Anniversary - Half Dollar
7b. 1991 Mount Rushmore 50th Anniversary - Silver Dollar
7c. 1991 Mount Rushmore 50th Anniversary - Gold Half Eagle
8. 1991 Korea Memorial (38th Anniversary)
9. 1991 USO 50th Anniversary

For each of the coins indexed above, I have tried to go beyond what is found in the reference books and present a more in-depth discussion of their stars and what they represent.

Make sure to scroll around a bit in the "Post Yours..." thread as many interesting coins from around the world have been posted and are worth a look.

Part II

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Learn More...
United States
108406 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 208Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.22 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: