Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Commems Collection Modern: US Commemorative Coins With Stars - Part II (1992-2001)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 286Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7535 Posts
 Posted 12/12/2021  09:32 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Here's a second Index to modern-era US commemorative coins that feature stars in their designs. The coins included here were issued from 1992 to 2001, the second decade of the series. The program's second decade was a far more active period for new issues, and thus produced a greater number of "star" coins. All of the linked posts below were made over in the "Post Your..." Gallery area within the "Coins with Stars" thread.

You will find my Index to the modern coins issued from 1982 through 1991, here: Modern US Commemorative Coins with Stars - Part I (1982-1991)

My Index to classic-era coins can be found here: Classic US Commemorative Coins with Stars.

And now, the linked Index:

1a. 1992 Olympics - CuNi Clad Half Dollar
1b. 1992 Olympics - Silver Dollar
1c. 1992 Olympics - Gold Half Eagle
2a. 1993 James Madison - Bill of Rights - Silver Half Dollar
2b. 1993 James Madison - Bill of Rights - Gold Half Eagle
3. 1993 World War II Anniversary - CuNi Clad Half Dollar
4. 1994 World Cup - Silver Dollar
5. 1994 US Capitol Bicentennial
6. 1994 National Prisoner of War
7. 1994 Vietnam War Memorial
8. 1994 Women in Military Service for America Memorial
9. 1995 Civil Ware Battlefields - Gold Half Eagle
10a. 1995 Atlanta Olympics CuNi Clad Half Dollars - Common Reverse
10b. 1995 Atlanta Olympics Silver Dollars - Common Reverse
10c. 1995 Atlanta Olympics Gold Half Eagles - Common Reverse
11a. 1996 Atlanta Olympics CuNi Clad Half Dollars - Common Reverse
11b. 1996 Atlanta Olympics High Jump Dollar - Common Reverse
11c. 1996 Atlanta Olympics Gold Half Eagles - Common Reverse
11d. 1995-96 Paralympic Games - Silver Dollars
12. 1996 National Community Service
13. 1997 Jackie Robinson - Silver Dollar
14. 1997 Franklin Delano Roosevelt
15. 1999 Robert F. Kennedy
16. 1999 George Washington 200th Anniversary of Death
17a. 2001 Capitol Visitor Center - CuNi Clad Half Dollar
17b. 2001 Capitol Visitor Center - Silver Dollar

And that, I believe, covers the second 10 years of the modern series. (Did I miss any?) Some may wish to include the 1996 Smithsonian Institution Gold Half Eagle due to is use of the Smithsonian logo in its design - the logo's main device is a radiating sun. A sun, after all, is a star. For my categorization, however, I have elected to not include coins depicting the sun, believing such coins to be in a different, standalone, category.

As always, if you have a look at any of the above posts, make sure to scroll around a bit in the "Post Yours..." thread as it includes many interesting "coins with stars" from around the world.

Once again, for a look at the first decade of coins of the Modern US Commemorative Coin series, check out:

- Modern US Commemorative Coins with Stars - Part I (1982-1991)

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Learn More...
United States
112341 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 286Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.21 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: