Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Looking For Information 1955 Canadian Penny

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 389Next Topic  

Canada
14 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2022  02:24 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Bigjake9 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I would like any information about this 1955 Canadian penny.
I would appreciate any information that would let me know if this coin is of any value. What classification of grading. I researched this coin and read some where about the shoulder fold penny and would like to know what this coin is in regards to the shoulder fold.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
44628 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2022  04:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8834 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2022  05:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your coin is the shoulder fold variety, very common and in that well worn condition is only worth face value .
Keep looking!

PS It does contain about Three Cents worth of copper in case you want to hag on to it till the melting of pennies becomes legal.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Edited by DBM
01/18/2022 05:48 am
Canada
14 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2022  11:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bigjake9 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for the info and will post other coins for more information soon
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4290 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2022  12:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do an archive search on here about "shoulder fold or SF" and you'll learn how the SF designation is ID'd , with reference to different letters aligned to denticles, in your case the "A". When the Obverses were modified, it changed how the lettering and a specific denticle aligned. It changed also with different denominations and years.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2366 Posts
 Posted 01/18/2022  3:11 pm  Show Profile   Check kuh_85's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add kuh_85 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
See https://www.kijiji.ca/o-profile/102...2/listings/1 for extraneous items for sale from our collection and the last few items from our (now closed) eBay store.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 389Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: