Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Grading Company In Canada?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 33 / Views: 1,882Next Topic
Page: of 3
Learn More...
Canada
10184 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2022  01:46 am Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Interesting that they choose eBay to advertise this... not sure what to think about this, other than ICCS might not be happy with the same coloured certificate with the same coloured font, and exact same fine print, and the same basic layout - other than the 'Genuine item' and fine print have swapped sides. Still, the competition in the Canadian market might be a good thing.

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/PCCS-Profes...194939232561

The bigger issue, is that they are claiming to have formed a "professional grading company", yet are grading and selling their own coins.

One of their coins for sale:
https://www.cafr.ebay.ca/itm/194930316092

Caveat emptor.
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Bedrock of the Community
United States
45110 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2022  04:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also looks like they are stepping on PCGSs' toes. Future lawsuits?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Canada
813 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2022  06:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If that 50 cent is MS-66 then I'm an antelope.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
15173 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2022  06:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can these not be removed by eBay?
They are not one of the recognized graders.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3090 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2022  08:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why wouldn't you recognize a grading company with terrible pictures lol, at least based on the eBay sale. I think there is enough difference that copywriter laws couldn't do anything, also am not sure if eBay could remove this kind of thing as the price is within limits for a raw coin.
Edited by Wrekkdd
04/08/2022 08:29 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
5534 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2022  08:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In terms of listing the PCCS coins on eBay, it is (or used to be) an eBay requirement that the TPG had an online searchable database.
If the TPG doesn't have that database then the conventional (Sheldon) grading system cannot be used in the listing.
The holder can be displayed but no such things as XF-40 or F-15 are allowed in the title or description.

That's why such graders as SEGS and PCI disappeared.
ICG (and ANACS?) jumped through hoops to get their databases created and online; they wanted to have their coins listed on eBay by name.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1953 Posts
 Posted 04/08/2022  09:37 am  Show Profile   Check nickelsguy's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nickelsguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are recognized TPG companies allowed on eBay. This is not one of them. Main listing gone. Lets see if individual listings remain.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2385 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2022  11:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do not see the individual listing. Must be some hoax guys.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
15173 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2022  12:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just searched through his inventory, there are no other listings in a PCCS holder.
Will keep an eye on this seller to make sure he doesn't list any others
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2385 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2022  2:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Probably will go to Etsy
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1953 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2022  4:21 pm  Show Profile   Check nickelsguy's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nickelsguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
eBay removed 26 listings.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
15173 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2022  4:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good work, doubt now if he will list any others
now he knows it is against eBay policy
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2385 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2022  8:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silviosi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree and des-agree with many here. the main it is eBay. eBay is suppose to be the platform for sell and not to impose rules they want. In term of the Graders, they want the database on line!!!?!!!!. For what? if they say database on line, so why certifications like CCCS, or French, or German company are not accepted on the listing?, not to say ANACS the first one in US or ICS which take more and more market because the accuracy, or VSS which slab varieties and no grading? What is the eBay business to ban incorporated companies? Is none guys, it is just protection of the some market place. I think is unfair.

The company was put here, I do not say nothing about because before talk about I want to know if it is incorporate, who they are and etc.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1953 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2022  6:41 pm  Show Profile   Check nickelsguy's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nickelsguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
eBay has rules designed to protect buyers. TPG Companies must prove reliable and reputable to be acceptable. Is the system perfect......no........but it does stop garbage grading companies from using the eBay platform. It is their sandbox hence their rules. MUCH better than 20 years ago.
Learn More...
Canada
10184 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2022  8:39 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2401 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2022  08:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add doubleeagle59 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
An obvious attempt to try to ride the wave of ICCS success.

Not good at all.

RFR.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 33 / Views: 1,882Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: