Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

First Post- Complete Newbie Looking For Some Advice

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 496Next Topic  
United Kingdom
1 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  4:19 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add ben83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Evening guys and gals,

Im in a bit of a 'happy' pickle. Ive been lucky enough to inherit a significant collection from a very dear friend of mine. I'm based in the UK but the collection is US.
Im looking to have the collection valued and potentially sell.. This is where I need help!!!
I have no idea where to start with it- The executor has send me a lot of photos of the collection, which will probably be of some use hopefully.

Any advice would be massively welcomed.

Thanks in advance.
Ben
Learn More...
United States
114715 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  4:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.
Pillar of the Community
United States
614 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  7:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PlumCrazy814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just curious - where in the US is the collection?

Pillar of the Community
United States
548 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2022  8:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikev50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
how about some pics---
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10351 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2015 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2022  12:40 am  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You're in for an adventure! Don't make any fast moves that you will regret. Take your time, and make wise decisions.

Pictures are king, it is tough to help without a visual reference and a specific question.

Quote:
Just curious - where in the US is the collection?

I believe the OP is saying he lives in the UK, but has a coin collection that consists of US coins. Not they are located in the US.
Valued Member
United States
171 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2022  05:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SpeedDemonND to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As the others have stated, pics will certainly help us provide you with some guidance.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
66 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2022  1:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DaRukus660 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Let us see the goods!!!! lol
You are a tease!!! lol
United Kingdom
1 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2022  4:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ben83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks for all your replies and advice- very much appreciated and absolutely makes sense- pics are king, got it.
I now have a dropbox with over catalogue of over 100 pics that the executor took for me- The coins are currently in Florida.. I think I'm going to have to make a trip over to collect them but told they are heavy!!
My head was slightly spinning after 10 minutes of research- I was pleased to see a few UK coins in there.
Any advice on who's door I should be knocking on, that would be so great.
Ive tried to upload some pictures but clearly not capable.

Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 496Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.35 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: