Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Commems Collection: Classic US Commemorative Coins With Weaponry Depicted

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 153Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8240 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2022  07:05 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Here's another Index to a set of classic-era US commemorative coins that fit the topic or theme of "Coins with Weaponry" over in the "Post Your..." forum area. I count 16 such coins within the classic series - more than I realized! Have I missed any?

As most anything can be used as a weapon, I included only coins with items whose primary purpose was to be used as a weapon. For example, I did not consider the scythe depicted on the 1920 Maine Half Dollar (being held by the farmer in the depiction of Maine's State Seal) to be a weapon - absent of Jason, it's a farming tool.

The following Index provides quick access to my brief posts about the "weapon coins" of the classic US commemorative coin series.

1. 1900 Lafayette Memorial Silver Dollar
2. 1921 Alabama Statehood Centennial
3. 1921 Missouri Statehood Centennial
4. 1925 Battle of Lexington-Concord Sesquicentennial
5. 1925 Fort Vancouver Centennial
6. 1925 Stone Mountain Memorial
7. 1926 Oregon Trail Memorial
8. 1928 Hawaiian (European) Discovery Sesquicentennial
9. 1934-38 Daniel Boone Birth Bicentennial
10. 1935-36 California-Pacific International Exposition ("San Diego")
11. 1935 Hudson, NY 150th Anniversary
12. 1936 Columbia, SC Sesquicentennial
13. 1936 Elgin, IL Centennial
14. 1936 Battle of Gettysburg 75 Anniversary
15. 1936 Wisconsin Territorial Centennial
16. 1936 York County, ME Tercentenary

As I've stated before regarding other topical galleries, the target thread has a nice array of world coins that fit the theme, so I encourage you to scroll around a bit after you check out one or more of my US commemorative posts!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Learn More...
United States
116213 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United Kingdom
1130 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2022  12:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TobyJ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome :D
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8048 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2022  06:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great summary commems - thank you for taking the time to compile this index.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
  Previous TopicReplies: 3 / Views: 153Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: