Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1846 Large Cent Found At Old Home Site

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 273Next Topic  

United States
31 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2022  1:58 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Nycstlrr to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Going through some of the collection I haven't seen in a long time, I ran across this. My wife found this many years ago when her Grandpa tore down an old house on the farm.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
71608 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2022  2:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
Valued Member
United States
123 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2022  2:16 pm  Show Profile   Check CarrsCoins's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add CarrsCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
very cool. looks like the small date to me.

there was someone a bit ago who also found an 1846 small date cent.
i like large cents. I currently have >220 Sheldon varieties and >230 middle date Newcomb varieties.

Learn More...
United States
116211 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1126 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2022  5:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's always great to find a coin, especially something as old as that one! One of my brothers-in-law built his house on a vacant lot in a small town. The lot had formerly been occupied by an old house which had been torn down many decades before. He occasionally will find an old coin when he's working in his garden and yard. HIs oldest so far is a corroded 1882 Shield nickel which he gave me and currently resides in a 2x2 holder.
My U.S. Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278808/
My U.S. Classic Commemorative Complete Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/278741/
My 20th Century U.S. Type Set - Proofs only, No Gold https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/co...sets/396301/
United States
31 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2022  7:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nycstlrr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Never know what is beneath your feet. Maybe he will pull that gold coin out of the garden one day. Where we used to live about 30 years ago, I had one of those $100 Bounty Hunter metal detectors. Only coins I ever found in that yard, were about 60 cents, lined up in a row about 1/2" deep. Some kid must have made a road or something with them.

Thank you CarrsCoins, jbuck and Coinfrog.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 273Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: