Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1995 P Rosevelt Dime Struck On Foreign Planchet

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 354Next Topic  

United States
1 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2022  1:19 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add MikeGreene to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I found this dime in my change from Walmart the other day and thought that it was simply old and worn from circulation. When I took a closer look at it planning to check the date to see how long it had been around I discovered that it was half the thickness of a normal dime and what I thought was wear actually could be a result of the planchet being thin and the die not hitting as hard as it should. So I did some comparing of the dime to some foreign coin that I have and discovered that it was about the same thickness of a Canadian coin. I also found that both coins weigh 2.08 g. Is this possible as the dime was minted in Philadelphia? Also would the value of that type of error be worth spending the money to have it graded?

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17063 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2022  2:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF

Not an error. Your dime has had the rims removed, probably
intentionally making it appear thinner.
It was minted in Philadelphia but is now considered damage. ( PMD)
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
73490 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2022  2:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
Learn More...
United States
118429 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
47442 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2022  3:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

PMD of some sort. Possible dryer coin?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2189 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2022  4:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cujohn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF Not a dryer coin. This coin has been sanded down. We see a lot of these here. A dryer coin usually has the rim wider than the center of the coin.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 354Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: