Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

This page may contain links that result in small commissions to keep this free site up and running.
Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is This Actually A 1965 Specimen Coin Case

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,050Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Canada
1398 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2022  01:54 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add purelywasted to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Was looking through the recent CNC auction site and saw what they described as a 1965 specimen coin set case. Looked through Charelton, no mention of a 65 case. It looks similar to some of the british cases with the white backing, rim around the coin holder and gold outline on the outside.

Anyone have more info?

https://auctions.canadiancoinsandpa.../398/lot/424

Edited by purelywasted
11/17/2022 01:55 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17448 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2022  07:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your right about Charlton's, they show no cases between 1953 and 1967.
I'm sure if it was issued by the RCM, it would have their logo on it. Perhaps it is a third party case.
This is a question for one of our experts to answer but I am also curious as to the answer as I can't
see someone paying over $200.00 for something not produced by the mint.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4505 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2022  10:50 am  Show Profile   Check Pacificoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Pacificoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Have seen 1953 sets in this type of case .
Has the right look and style for Royal Mint
and RCM cases . The person who paid north
of 200 and the auctioneer both believe!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
17448 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2022  12:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Pacificoin
I have never seen an RCM case without their logo somewhere, even on the small dollar cases.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1398 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2022  2:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add purelywasted to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know the some versions of 1908 didn't have any mint markings and they printed a label that was mailed out later, if I remember correctly (one was sold in this auction).

Looking for the correct case for my 1965 specimen set.

I think someone said the black ones from 68-7? were not the ones used for 64-66. Maybe someone can answer that question.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1398 Posts
 Posted 11/19/2022  5:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add purelywasted to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are some 1967 cases with a white backing and similar triangular edges around the hinge. These do have an RCM marking on the inside though.

Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,050Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.26 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: