Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Live Coin auctions starting as low as $1
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Lincoln Cent Box 12-3-2022

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 412Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
273 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2022  11:56 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add NY Islander to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This box was full of Wheaties (15) and a nice 1920. Best of the box was the 2009 Formative Years WDDR-043.

Valued Member
United States
100 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2022  12:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pigeonman333rd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
weigh those 2009s if they weigh 3.1 grams-2.99 grams they are satin cents with a value of about 11 dollars a piece if they weigh 2.5-2.67 grams they are worth one cent. If your wheat pennies are 1909-1939 and have a full wheat stalks on reverse and are not well worn even though they are brown put them in a case they are worth something to someone and check your Red Book for values by grade. I would recommend getting a mega red or deluxe big book edition to grade your coins using a loop to know the value. If your wheat cents are 1940-1958 then roll them by year and try not to jostle them so they keep there grade for collectors in the future to put into cases and collect. If you find red cent wheat cents and they have full wheat stocks on the reverse those deserve a case because average buying price on red Wheat cent not to include cleaned wheat cents is going up every year.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
48409 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2022  12:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pigeonman333rd,
Ignore values in the Red Book and look here to learn grading:https://www.PCGS.com/photograde/
For values check eBay sold values and here:http://m.numismedia.com/rarecoinprices.htm
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9138 Posts
 Posted 12/04/2022  2:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice finds.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.jk-dk.art
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Learn More...
United States
120506 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
720 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2022  12:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carloscoria to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those 2009 Satin cents, are they P & D minted? Are these error types and should have been minted in zinc?
Valued Member
United States
100 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2022  8:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pigeonman333rd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2009 copper satin cents come in a proof set I just happen to have bought the pennies only and one proof set the pennies are cut from the set still in the mint cases just taped sides for .36 cents a piece and 1.99 an 8 coin set. They are rare but only worth by ebay prices 14.99 a set including the s mint marks which I only have one set of 4 coins. I have well over 400 coins p/d but originally purchased 4000 but relatives sold them to put down payments on new cars which was unwise in my opinion because in 100 years they could be worth 100 dollars. certified proof 69's are worth 11 dollars now so not much value as mine are about proof 64-65. None are perfect and none have bull luster they look satiny. My guess is the coins in the box are circulated cents which I collect through coin roll hunting but I keep them by roll. In the 1990's their were still unc wheat cents from the 1940's and fifties so I keep them in rolls but coin shops pay 2 cents a piece for them so I never sell them here are a few pix of a roll I knocked over and rather then handle them I gloved up picked them up and put them in cases. Keep in mind I use the Red Book to buy coins but roll finds were and still are one cent value.So what do you think of these old roll finds? Do people really buy this junk? They are not rare but I have even more from a unc box I bought of wheat cents for 1000 dollars to search for die varieties which I cherish but the regular unc's I put in rolls. I tried to post full pages in photos but this site doesn't except the images so I will post one as an example. Ok here we go here's one of two pages. So my point is don't you think you should roll those box pennies due to their value or has something changed since the 1990's? I checked that website that was posted for ebay sales and I don't see any but I will keep checking until I see what you are talking about.

Valued Member
United States
100 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2022  12:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pigeonman333rd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here' s what 2009 copper satin cents look like. I got about 400 of them used to have about 4000 but I'm to generous.

The best deal on these I got was 1.99 a 8 coin set and .36 cents a piece in rolls. I would show you the reverses but they are the same for reverses on the 2009 zinc circulation strikes the main difference these are 3.1gram-2.99gram copper cents and they are low mintage 784,614 per coin but you got to collect all 12 p/d and s
Learn More...
United States
120506 Posts
 Posted 12/09/2022  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here' s what 2009 copper satin cents look like. I got about 400 of them used to have about 4000 but I'm to generous.

And I felt bad for having two sets of the 2009 proof cents.
Valued Member
United States
100 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2022  12:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pigeonman333rd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My favorite hoard has got to be my flying eagles. Don't feel bad just trade and upgrade your way to the top! I don't own an 1856 Flying Eagle cent but I hope to someday. I don't own a 1933 Stgauden's double eagle but I hope to some day. I don't own a 1943 bronze cent but I hope to some day. The list goes on and on. Happy Coin Roll Hunting!
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 412Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2023 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.35 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: