Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Olympic 25cents

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Germany
1023 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2009  07:56 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add augsburger to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have written on the british part that I am trying to design coins for the 2012 olympics. ANd then it come to my mind that canada had a similar program for the winter olympics, where the coins basically depict the sport.
What do you hate about the way the coins were designed, what did you like and do you think they could have been done more abstract? I just want to get an idea of what people like!
Valued Member
Canada
386 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2009  08:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1945V to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have nothing negative to say about the Canadian Olympic 25 cents coins.

I like the simplicity in the design, you can figure out what event is depicted very quickly. There is minimal writing just the denomation 25 cents and Vancouver 2010 on the reverse

I also like the way they incorporate a half maple leaf (a symbol of Canada) in the right half of all designs.
Edited by 1945V
03/05/2009 08:38 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4203 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2009  08:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chequer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like the designs of the 25 cent Olympic coins of Canada too. I think they did a fine job, as they usually do with circulating coinage.
Valued Member
Canada
74 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2009  2:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bargar to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also have nothing negative to say about them. Designs on the coins easy to identify even for us who don't know anything about sports :)
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1082 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2009  4:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WpgLwr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, they're okay.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
642 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2009  10:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrCanada to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Makes for an interesting series,I liked the individual sport as the theme. Only interested in the circulating coins.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4203 Posts
 Posted 03/05/2009  11:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chequer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's only because they issued the circulated ones that I like them at all...
Valued Member
Australia
332 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2009  8:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Brissyboy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Australia did a sports series of $5 Aluminium Bronze for the 2000 Sydney Olympics and 50 cents CuproNickel for 2006 Melbourne Commonwealth Games. They all look very nice but were all non-circulating collector issues.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4203 Posts
 Posted 03/06/2009  8:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chequer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's right. I have the $5 softball coin as my cousin was on the Canadian softball team in the Sydney Olympics (she was on the team in Atlanta in 1996 too). Nice coins
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05