Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Seller Changed Their Minds On A Sale

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 39 / Views: 3,040
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
1800 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2009  11:45 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add rockdude to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I entered a auction for a 1928P Peace dollar. At the last second I won it for $202.57 at 4:58. At 5:02 I received a congrats on my purchase from seller (probably a automatic thing). At 5:02 I also received a e=mail from seller saying;" hi,
inform you that my son changed his mind to keep this peace 1928 coin. please don't send the money. do you agree we cancel this transction." Well the money was already sent. I don't waste time paying for what I bought.
I wrote him back "You have got to be kidding me. Just because the amount did not meet your expectation is no reason to cancel the sell. This will not look good on your feedback." He sent the money back minus the tranaction fee, of course that won't fly. He sent a request for cancelation of transaction which I declined. What happens now. Anyone experience such a mess?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1429 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2009  11:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zohar444 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do not agree and ask for a breakup fee of $10% of the deal value.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1800 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2009  11:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rockdude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Never thought of that.
United States
917 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2009  12:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wetglaswegian to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Theres not a whole ot you can do really other than leave feedback reflecting the sellers integrity.
Pillar of the Community
Spain
1361 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2009  2:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add manilagalleontrade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Do not agree and ask for a breakup fee of $10% of the deal value.

Is that part of ebay rules? It is good to know for when it happens.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3098 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2009  2:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wd1040 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Actually, whenever you bid on eBay and/or win, you are under a legal contract to deliver. I would say to the seller sorry, but a sale is a sale. I've paid, and now you have to ship it. I'm sorry, but you are under legal contract to complete the transaction.
Learn More...
United States
14454 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2009  2:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
there is actually nothing anyone can do, even eBay will tell you the same thing if you were to contact them they would say they can not make someone sell you an item you were high bidder on. Taking it to court would cost more than the coin is worth unless someone just wanted to make a point with sellers and had money to burn. The taking off the fees is seriously uncalled for, why should you have to pay because he backed out of the sale. That is one thing I wouldn't stand for at all. I don't think there is much you will be able to do about the other though
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1931 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2009  2:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add malissadawn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow that really stinks. I have made sales and auctions (not on ebay though) where I was not exactly happy with the total received and recently actually sold an interesting triple punched coin by accident. I can't imagine just trying to reneg on the sale.

There should be rules on ebay to enforce completed sales. just not right.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20764 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2009  3:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Paypal fees are refunded when a payment is refunded. Don't know why he deducted them.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1116 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2009  7:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scott3270 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Actually, whenever you bid on eBay and/or win, you are under a legal contract to deliver. I would say to the seller sorry, but a sale is a sale. I've paid, and now you have to ship it. I'm sorry, but you are under legal contract to complete the transaction.
i agree with wd1040 I have sold some things on ebay that I was not happy with the final price but I am still going to send you the item that's the chance I take with the auction and I would expect another seller to do the same. if he did't want it to go below a certain price he should of put a reserve on it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1800 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2009  9:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rockdude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well the seller wormed his way out of the deal. Refunded the money but gave me a song and dance how he was going to teach his son a lesson (yeah right). I don't think he understood what I was writing. Had to give him a negative, now from 100 down to 99.4. Still not happy,, wanted the coin.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...TRK:MEWNX:IT
Pillar of the Community
United States
4691 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2009  9:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheForce to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
he canceled transaction because it didn't sell for enough said he gave it to son
Reply by dlgessner (Jul-30-09 18:36):
my family come first than anyone. this buyer was very greedy had no respec

United States
917 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2009  9:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wetglaswegian to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What a If family comes first before all others , why one might ask was the coin on Ebay in the first place?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1800 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2009  10:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rockdude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OH! I guess that says it. I'll be staying away from this seller.
I put this as a reply "Don'tWantToSell ItDon'tPut ItOnE-bayGaveYouEveryChanceToChangeCancelation"
Pillar of the Community
United States
1116 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2009  10:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scott3270 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
he is officially on my do not buy from list
Pillar of the Community
United States
1800 Posts
 Posted 07/30/2009  10:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rockdude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well I've been on e-bay for a couple years now and only had two weird experiences, not to bad I guess. It's just that I hate waiting till the last 2 seconds and winning the bid and then something like this happens.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 39 / Views: 3,040  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05