Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Guess The Price - Season 7 - Winner: Nod2003

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31
Learn More...
United States
74775 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2009  11:33 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Welcome to SEASON SEVEN!

The Contest: Guess the price of a recently acquired, auctioned, or purchased coin.
The Prize: BRAGGIN' RIGHTS!
Season 1 Champion: CoinHunter53562 (View it here).
Season 2 Champion: trdhrdr007 (View it here).
Season 3 Champion: COINAHOLIC (View it here).
Season 4 Champion: trdhrdr007 (View it here).
Season 5 Champion: nod2003 (View it here).
Season 6 Champion: yotie (View it here).
Season 7 Champion: nod2003

The Rules:
  • Post guess in whole dollar increments. Final prices will not include shipping or other fees.
  • Only the first person to guess a specific value will be counted. Repeat guesses for the same value will not count, so PAY ATTENTION! There will be no ties during the rounds!
  • One guess per person per round. If your guess is a duplicate, you will be given a chance to correct it; anyone can post a warning to the player and they will have until the round finishes to correct it.
  • Unless you posted a duplicate guess, there will be no editing guess posts. If you edit your post, please include a comment why you edited it. Otherwise, edited posts will not count.
  • Minimum round duration: Each round requires eight different participant guesses or three days, whichever comes first.
  • There will be ten rounds. In the event of a tie, there will be playoff round. I will host the first, final, and any playoff rounds.
  • The winner of the round must host the next round. They can choose any coin they want, but must follow these guidelines:
    • No finished auctions (eBay, Heritage, etc.) can be the basis for any round.
    • If an auction is used, the round must end at least one hour before the auction does.
    • If the coin is from a personal purchase, please round your final price to the nearest whole dollar.
    • If you cannot remember the exact price paid, please use your best guess and establish this price (to yourself) before hosting the round.
    • For personal coins that were not purchased recently, please give an approximate time frame the coin was purchased (earlier this year, ten years ago, etc.)
    • Specifying that where the coin was sold (auction, personal purchase, yard sale, estate sale, etc.) is NOT required!
    The Points:
  • The person getting the closest will receive 20 points.
  • The two people getting the next closest guesses, above and below the price, will receive 10 points. That is, there is no The Price is Right "must not go over" rule!
  • Each other person that gives a unique guess will get 5 points, those that duplicate or unjustifiably edit a guess will get no points.
  • The winner of the round must host the next round. Rule Change for Season 7: They will receive 5 points for doing so. If they cannot host the next round, any volunteer that does so will receive 10 points.

Sample scenario with Final Price of $42:
Player #1 = $43 Winner 20-points
Player #2 = $22 5-points
Player #3 = $36 Lower Runner-Up 10-points
Player #4 = $12 5-points
Player #5 = $35 5-points
Player #6 = $18 5-points
Player #7 = $56 Upper Runner-Up 10-points
Player #8 = $12 Disqualified, duplicate guess to Player #4.

Even though Player #5 was closer than Player #7, Player #7 was the closest runner-up above the winning price.

Season 7 Final Results
nod2003             85
COINAHOLIC          80
murty               75
coinsrfun           65
cownas22            65
eaglefoot           65
novillero           65
pls                 65
coincollectingkid   55
trdhrdr007          55
DL20K               50
Moe145              50
SHAFTA9a            50
wheezydog           50
chris1222nascar     45
Siuol               45
acodym              35
hippiebrian         35
johnny54321         35
yotie               35
snowman             30
wwhitman            30
gibby3              25
jayceeg             20
morgans dad         20
bejon                5
BuffaloLover         5
chris12018           5
Pillar of the Community
United States
3294 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2009  2:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nod2003 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If I could make a suggestion, perhaps you could add 5 more points to 1st place since they do not get to earn any points in the next round. What do you think?
Learn More...
United States
74775 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2009  2:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was thinking of doing that only if they host the next round. If they forfeit their hosting duties, they do not get the five extra points.

This would be incentive for winners to always participate. It was not really a problem, but something I thought about.

If anyone is curious, here is a before and after shot of how the last season would have ended with Nod's proposed rule change:
Before                    After                
yotie              80     yotie              85
cownas22           70     cownas22           80
murty              70     murty              80
nod2003            70     nod2003            75
trdhrdr007         70     trdhrdr007         70
COINAHOLIC         65     COINAHOLIC         65
Moe145             65     Moe145             65
DL20K              55     DL20K              55
gibby3             55     gibby3             55
pls                55     pls                55
steve199           55     steve199           55
Jamez              45     eaglefoot          45
eaglefoot          40     Jamez              45
Siuol              40     Kristofferson      40
Kristofferson      35     Siuol              40
chris1222nascar    25     chris1222nascar    25
coincollectingkid  25     coincollectingkid  25
MikeThePenny       25     MikeThePenny       25
American Eagle 86  20     American Eagle 86  20
Napoleon31ft       15     Napoleon31ft       15
DeathJr            10     DeathJr            10
RFB                10     RFB                10
TreasHunt          10     TreasHunt          10
greckel             5     greckel             5
richardschornak     5     richardschornak     5
ShadowCreator       5     ShadowCreator       5

Comments?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1299 Posts
 Posted 09/03/2009  3:42 pm  Show Profile   Check murty's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add murty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds like a pretty good idea.
Pillar of the Community
Poland
3201 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2009  05:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DL20K to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
1055 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2009  10:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cownas22 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it is a good idea. I remember being tied with someone after I won a round because I was not eligible for the round and they got five points for guessing.

Waiting Patiently for season seven!
Rest in Peace
United States
1501 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2009  12:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add COINAHOLIC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Learn More...
United States
74775 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2009  2:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have decided to implement the proposed rule change. The rules above have been modified to reflect this change.

I am in the process on finding a coin for Round 1, so hang tight!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3040 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2009  2:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yotie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Learn More...
United States
74775 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2009  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I have not found a good one yet.

I am going to get a jump on the long (US Holiday) weekend, so I am going to hold off until Tuesday.

Have a great weekend, everyone!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1299 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2009  5:55 pm  Show Profile   Check murty's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add murty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Enjoy the holiday!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
8900 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2009  3:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Moe145 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I'll post one (if I get 10 points...)
Learn More...
United States
74775 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2009  10:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

It has been a busy morning! I hope to post something before noon (EDT). If not, then I will take Moe up on his offer.

Stay tuned!
Learn More...
United States
74775 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2009  3:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Guess The Price - Season 7 - Round 1

Deadline for Guesses:
11 September 2009 at 3:30PM Eastern Daylight Time (Forum Time)

Results will be posted after:
11 September 2009 after 5:30PM EDT

Pillar of the Community
United States
3294 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2009  3:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nod2003 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
oooh sparkly. Will have to consider for a bit before guessing.
Valued Member
United States
323 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2009  8:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coincollectingkid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
31 dolores
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.86 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05