Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Latest Banknotes Acquisition. List Them Here.

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 99
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
641 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2020  06:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Western Samoa 1 Tala (1980 ND) about VF+

Learn More...
United States
83885 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2020  08:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Western Samoa 1 Tala (1980 ND) about VF+
Nice add!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
641 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2020  09:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks jbuck
Pillar of the Community
Canada
807 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
641 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2020  02:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks @walk2dwater, they appear on UK eBay from time to time, mine, it's (p19a)

The islands also changed their name in 1997, from Western Samoa to just Samoa, population under 200,000.
*Robert Louis Stevenson had a house on Samoa back in the day.

*random fact
Pillar of the Community
Canada
807 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2020  09:19 am  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On New Year's eve "ShareBear" replied to my post re: a 5 Euro (Ireland) which I felt was a bit "pricey." I had been looking for some time (Duisenberg or Trichet) but found only BIN for $18-$20 USD (& then when you add shipping..)

He stated that the 2002 Trichet signature versions could still be purchased for about BV ($15) so I had to search again to find out if this was the case. I was pleasantly surprised to find this one (P8u from France) for about ($12/ $14 with shipping) and so bought a few:

Learn More...
United States
83885 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
641 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2020  08:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find walk2dwater ^^^

I picked these two banknotes up earlier this week from a Charity Shop. I don't usually see paper currency in a Charity Shop here, sometimes the odd box of old coins maybe, but never notes.
I'll definitely keep my eyes open in future.
Couldn't resist them, 2 colourful notes, mint condition too.

Nicaragua 1 Cordoba (1995)

Uruguay 100 Pesos (ND1987)

Pillar of the Community
Canada
807 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2020  3:10 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I picked these two banknotes up earlier this week from a Charity Shop. ....Couldn't resist them, 2 colourful notes, mint condition too.

Wow, what a great place to find 2 crisp world banknotes! (Great score "Scots") The Nicaragua Cordoba reminds me of the Ecuador Sucre design from the same era.

I got this note when I first started collecting world notes after discovering that "Duisenberg" was a short lived signature. I am posting this example (from Greece) here since its the reason I also bought the "Trichet" Euros I just posted recently. Few sellers listed them 7 years ago but they are commonly listed now. While I paid BV*+$2 or $3 for this first signature variety 7 years ago it is hard to find one of these at or near the $13 -$14 (& definitely not low $10 SWCPM BV) these days. I had no SCWPM back then & just assumed that collector/sellers caught on to this tough signature & "bit the bullet." Now I'm glad I did:

* In my 02/21 post I wrote that BV of the "Trichet" French 5 Euro was $15 but it is actually $10. Only scarcer Slovakia/Malta (E/F prefixes) have BV= $14 though you won't see these notes listed for so low.

-what is also interesting about Euros is that they have different printer's codes so some of these were printed in Germany & others printed in Greece. This one happens to be "N" so printed in Greece.
Edited by walk2dwater
02/22/2020 3:18 pm
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
641 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2020  4:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks walk2dwater
Great info on your Euro note, I'm seeing the very small 'N' serial to the left centre of your banknote.
Got to be honest I know very little about the Euro banknotes, so thanks for posting that.
Re- my 1 Cordoba, yes similar to the Ecuadorian notes of that time, similar colour hues. Nice
Pillar of the Community
Canada
807 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2020  09:58 am  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm seeing the very small 'N' serial to the left centre of your banknote.

-yes -it's very small and printed within the micro-text on the front centre. I had absolutely zero knowledge about them too until I stumbled on https://en.eurobilltracker.com/home/ after I came back from Europe in 2004. The site made me realize that there were some modern day "tough" notes to be found but I never saw them come up for sale on eBay (for several years). When I came back on my 2nd trip (2013) I saw a few BIN listings, but they were always double BV or more.

Here's P3m 20 Euro from Portugal that came in a set of 3 (from same Greek seller who sold me the P1y 5 Euro above). I will post the P2y 10 Euro later. You can see the printer code easily in a star shaped clearance. It is "H" which signifies Thomas De La Rue (GB) printers. I believe that this note (from the Euro Bill Tracker site above) is less common than the ones printed in Portugal. The printer codes are another factor that the SWPMC has not taken into account in their BV estimates (on their 24th ed). It is typical for catalogues to be a bit behind in generating accurate BV as info slowly comes to light (that can modify a note's scarcity).

Edited by walk2dwater
02/23/2020 10:04 am
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
641 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2020  10:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The good thing about collecting anything, always learning.
Great info walk2dwater
Learn More...
United States
83885 Posts
Valued Member
United States
427 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2020  4:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dave L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Czechoslovakia 1000 Korun - I got this for my music related banknotes collection. This note commemorates the Czech composer Bed#345;ich Smetana.

Link to some of his music here: http://banknoteden.com/Musical%20No...lovakia.html

- Dave L
IBNS #9984
http://www.banknoteden.com
Pillar of the Community
United States
2686 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2020  4:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's an item you don't see often regardless of condition. A full uncut sheet of 1869 Cuba 50 Centavos.

Page: of 99 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05