Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2010 Cent Release/Springfield IL

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
122 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2010  09:57 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add algol to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
http://www.usmint.gov/pressroom/ind...ease&ID=1100

Anyone Going?

Finally living in the midwest pays off.
My father and I plan on making the trip tomorrow. It will be about a 3.5 to 4 hour drive (as long as we don't get anymore snow). Good thing is we gain an hour going at least. Which will be nice as we have to leave at the crack of dawn to get there and I am not a morning person.

Anyhow, I'm taking my camera and will try to take some pictures of the event. I'll upload what I take Thursday night or so.
Valued Member
United States
141 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2010  11:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add LuckyDIme to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm about 6 hour's away but I have relatives about 1 1/2 hours south that I am trying to get up[ there.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12437 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2010  12:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add biokemist6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will be there and hopefully the crowd will be smaller than it was in August, I think the weather will keep some people away. If you have never been to Springfield, take the opportunity to tour the ALPLM($10/person), the Old State Capitol(free) across the street, and the Lincoln Home National Historic Site nearby(free tickets available on a first come, first serve basis). The Lincoln Tomb in Oak Ridge Cemetery is a must-see as well. Unfortunately, I wish I could go to the Coin Forum with Director Moy that is being held this evening at ALPLM
Pillar of the Community
United States
2735 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2010  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SeatedNut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm 80 miles south but tomorrow is a work day!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12437 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2010  12:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add biokemist6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It should be a work day for me too but I get 22 paid vacation days a year I will be using another for the SLNA show on Friday, one big four day numismatic weekend for me
Pillar of the Community
United States
2735 Posts
 Posted 02/10/2010  2:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SeatedNut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm saving my vacation days for warmer weather.

I'll be at the SLNA on Saturday (not a work day).
Valued Member
United States
122 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2010  4:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add algol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just got back from Springfield. I ended up getting 22 rolls of P's. Of course they had no D's to release.

Well I'm exhausted, but I'll upload some photos later on tonight hopefully.
Learn More...
United States
14454 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2010  5:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
seeing as how I already have a couple I would see no reason to fight the crowd even if it was here in NC somewhere
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12437 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2010  5:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add biokemist6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just got back myself, complete with 42 rolls and 40 of them with the First Day of Issue Cancellation. Ebay, here I come!
United States
9 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2010  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add StamperDude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I also attended the ceremony. It was nice. I like the venue of the Presidential Musuem very fitting. I even spotted the shield design on one of the walls. The official ceremony only lasted about 1/2 an hour and the penny exchange was almost 2 1/2 hours. I am not a big coin collector and as my username suggests I am a stamp collector primarily. I only picked up 6 rolls. In fact, I was proud to see my local bank chosen as the distributors. I don't think it was as crowded as the L3 release last year, mostly due to the cold weather & not as much press to the general public.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12437 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2010  10:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add biokemist6 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are a few pics, I wasn't able to get many though because the ceremony was over by the time my part of the line got into the dome area of the museum and the stage was starting to get dismantled.

Pillar of the Community
United States
6325 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2010  12:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eaglefoot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
... ..... .....

Sometimes I REALLY HATE LIVING IN KANSAS !! ...

If there are any kind souls out there......who might have a roll or some singles to spare......

Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1413 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2010  09:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kena to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for posting the pictures. Wonder when or if the D one will show up.
CCF member Member Since: 07/27/2008
Pillar of the Community
United States
6325 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2010  10:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eaglefoot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm sure I'll begin to see the "D" mint showing up around here "sometime"......codition of them ? .....hard to say.
It looks like Bio's rolls were "P's", and I assume all of them from the event are then "P's"..... (I'm sooooo envious)
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.7 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05