Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Guess The Price - Season 11 - Winner: Nod2003!

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31
Learn More...
United States
71927 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2010  2:35 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Welcome to SEASON ELEVEN!

The Contest: Guess the price of a recently acquired, auctioned, or purchased coin.
The Prize: BRAGGIN' RIGHTS!

Season 1 Champion: CoinHunter53562 (View it here).
Season 2 Champion: trdhrdr007 (View it here).
Season 3 Champion: COINAHOLIC (View it here).
Season 4 Champion: trdhrdr007 (View it here).
Season 5 Champion: nod2003 (View it here).
Season 6 Champion: yotie (View it here).
Season 7 Champion: nod2003 (View it here).
Season 8 Champion: murty (View it here).
Season 9 Champion: Moe145 (View it here).
Season 10 Champion: murty (View it here).

The Rules:
  • New Rule: All guesses above $20 must be in whole dollar increments and will be rounded to the nearest dollar.
    Guesses below $20 can be in $0.50 increments will be rounded to the $0.50 increment.
  • Final prices will not include shipping or other fees.
  • Only the first person to guess a specific value will be counted. Repeat guesses for the same value will not count, so PAY ATTENTION! There will be no ties during the rounds!
  • One guess per person per round. If your guess is a duplicate, you will be given a chance to correct it; anyone can post a warning to the player and they will have until the round finishes to correct it.
  • Unless you posted a duplicate guess, there will be no editing guess posts. If you edit your post, please include a comment why you edited it. Otherwise, edited posts will not count.
  • Minimum round duration: Each round requires eight different participant guesses or three days, whichever comes first.
  • There will be ten rounds. In the event of a tie, there will be playoff round. I will host the first, final, and any playoff rounds.
  • The winner of the round must host the next round. They can choose any coin they want, but must follow these guidelines:
    • No finished auctions (eBay, Heritage, etc.) can be the basis for any round.
    • If an auction is used, the round must end at least one hour before the auction does.
    • If the coin is from a personal purchase, please round your final price to the nearest whole dollar.
    • If you cannot remember the exact price paid, please use your best guess and establish this price (to yourself) before hosting the round.
    • For personal coins that were not purchased recently, please give an approximate time frame the coin was purchased (earlier this year, ten years ago, etc.)
    • Specifying that where the coin was sold (auction, personal purchase, yard sale, estate sale, etc.) is NOT required!
    • All rounds must end during what I call "US National Business Hours" or 8AM to 8PM Eastern (Forum) Time. Results can come anytime after that. In other words, the auction can end at midnight, but the deadline for guesses should be no later than the 8PM EST before that midnight.
    The Points:
  • The person getting the closest will receive 20 points.
  • The four people getting the next closest guesses will receive 10 points.
  • There is no The Price is Right "must not go over" rule!
  • Each other person that gives a unique guess will get 5 points, those that duplicate or unjustifiably edit a guess will get no points.
  • The winner of the round must host the next round and will receive 5 points for doing so. If they cannot host the next round, any volunteer that does so will receive 10 points.

Season 11 Final Standings
nod2003            85
afcop13            80
eaglefoot          80
valdiman           80
wheatguy           80
COINAHOLIC         75
Adam_E             70
pls                70
DL20K              65
SHAFTA9a           65
acodym             60
cwb8539            60
johnny54321        60
Moe145             60
steve199           60
wheezydog          60
cownas22           55
delaner            55
murty              55
chris1222nascar    50
ianmprice          50
Agosos             45
SilentAsian4Hire   20
Joel A             15
pennylover1010     10
Podoprigora        10
twinsrule          10
arthrene            5
smithnick0          5
Learn More...
United States
71927 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2010  2:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's back...

Before we begin, are there any comments, questions, or concerns?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1880 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2010  2:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add steve199 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, jbuck!

I deleted my stupid idea, 'cuz I don't want to be stupid.

Edited by steve199
04/26/2010 2:54 pm
Learn More...
United States
71927 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2010  3:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I deleted my stupid idea, 'cuz I don't want to be stupid.
I did not think it was stupid; but I did not post my comment since you nixed it before I could hit submit.

I guess you will never know what I said!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1880 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2010  3:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add steve199 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On a scale of 1 to 10, with 1 being smart, and 10 being stupid, where would you rate it?

"Guess the Stupidity" game commences now.
Learn More...
United States
71927 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2010  3:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would give it a seven. The only problem I have is the handling of previous winners. It is something that I have thought about before.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1880 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2010  3:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add steve199 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That was my same thought...it is already a problem in the PIF rounds, where the winner can win the round within minutes, but not receive the coin within weeks (or ever). Add on top of that the a season takes a few weeks, and the winner of the previous season may not even be hanging around any more.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1406 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2010  3:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add afcop13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm ready - time for some new blood to win this thing! LOL.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1289 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2010  5:50 pm  Show Profile   Check murty's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add murty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Waiting patiently
Pillar of the Community
Poland
3201 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2010  01:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DL20K to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Learn More...
United States
71927 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2010  3:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Season 11 - Round 1

Guessing Deadline:
8:00PM EDT (Forum Time) on Sunday, 2 May, 2010

Results will be posted after 9:00AM EDT on Monday, 3 May, 2010

( I do not own this coin )
Pillar of the Community
United States
3294 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2010  3:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nod2003 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$500
Pillar of the Community
United States
1534 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2010  5:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wheatguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$275. Thanks for starting Season 11!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8900 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2010  5:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Moe145 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oooooooooooooh, pretty!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8900 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2010  5:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Moe145 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$385

(Ahhhh, it's good to be back guessing prices!)
Pillar of the Community
United States
3942 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2010  5:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05