Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I cried when I saw this coin online...  

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
14000 Posts
 Posted 12/27/2010  9:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Would any body hazard a guess as to what the market value is now is, with the problems it has?

That would be a lesson to those novices who wish to clean coins. We were all newbies once.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
13709 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2010  6:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
if you think about it, it just makes your collection of non cleaned coins more valuable(fewer of them out there)

Of course if you don't have that coin yet it also makes it more expensive and that much less likely that you will ever be able to own one.

Quote:
Who cleans a BU 89-CC Morgan? :(

Someone who doesn't know what they have. "Grandma left me this old silver dollar and I decided to sell it. It was awful dark so I shine it up for you." I see variations of that all the time

Quote:
Would any body hazard a guess as to what the market value is now is, with the problems it has?

Well assuming it was MS to begin with, it might be worth F-12 money now. Maybe VG. I don't think I would go lower than that.
Gary Schmidt
Valued Member
United States
132 Posts
 Posted 12/28/2010  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pennrj430 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a question... I don't want to be the laughing stock, but for those of us that may not know, what are the tell tell signs that this was cleaned, aside from the owner mentioning it in the auction? Is it the scrape under the PL or the scrape over the bridge of her nose? Is is it more? I just want to know what makes this obvious.
Thanks
United States
9 Posts
 Posted 12/29/2010  03:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spitwadd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
:O thats terrible! a few days ago, my mom took me to the coin shop and I bought a reeaally nice toned merc. My mom saw it and said it was disgusting! the next day I come home and see her hunched over the sink with a bottle of kaboom and a wire brush. she hands me my dime and sais " I cleaned it up for you!" with a triumphat look on her face D: oh I love my mom.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05