Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Counterfeit $ 1.00

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 28 / Views: 3,877Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
1397 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2011  5:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nickelman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now that this is turning into a music throwback thread I have to add:
There are some albums I had (like Dark Side of the Moon) that I purchased on 8-track, then years later on cassette, vinyl, then went out and later bought the CD, then later purchased the remastered CD. Roger Waters and friends have made a lot of money off people like me.
Valued Member
United States
163 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2011  5:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Manuel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When I first saw the signatures, they didn't look right. So I pulled out a bill to compare. Then I realized the bill I was comparing it to was a series 1988A.

It looks real. I've seen ones with black ink that have curse words stamped on the front.
Learn More...
United States
14454 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2011  6:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bryan1315 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Its real.

So if it has no fibers in it at all it can still be real?. I always thought All U.S. bills have tiny red and blue fibers embedded in the paper. Counterfeiters sometimes try to reproduce these by printing these strands onto the paper, but if you look closely, you'll see that they are printed on, rather than being part of the paper itself.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1397 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2011  6:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nickelman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have seen a note that I thought didn't have any colored fibers in it at first (and second) glance. When I viewed it under a small microscope and found it had a couple that were very hard to see. It's like anything else, sometimes the manufacturing process just doesn't work like it was supposed to.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1729 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2011  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pls to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yeah those yunguns don't know how lucky they are to just be able to push a button to go to a certain song on a cd, with 8 tracks if you just liked one song you had to listen to the whole 8 track tape to get to hear it again. I think some that came out later had a fast fwd button ...

Some decks allow you to jump from track to track (there are four stereo tracks on an 8-track) and then allow you to fast-forward to the desire song in just a few seconds.

Yeah, I'm WAY over 40!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1397 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2011  11:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nickelman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK, who remembers this... your driving along with your date and your 8-track under dash player is playing two songs at the same time. so you pull a coin out of your pocket and wedge it under the cassette and the second song gets louder, so you remove the coin and wedge it on the top of the cassette and the second song goes away, and you return to being cool with your awesome sound system.
Pillar of the Community
3660 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2011  11:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zeewool to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What are you guys talking about?

I feel like I am in a sci-fi movie...... "The Land That Time Forgot".

I have always been sorta interested in dinosaurs..... maybe you guys could give me some first hand accounts?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1397 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2011  11:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nickelman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What do you call the brown stuff between dinosaurs toes?

Slow Neanderthals...
Pillar of the Community
3660 Posts
 Posted 01/08/2011  11:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zeewool to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

This is what makes this site so much fun for me.... Thanks for the education Nick..
Valued Member
United States
465 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2011  01:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rh13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nickelman,,if you remove the fibers with tweezers I promise they will attract to a magnet,I have asked this before and got no comment,will someone please try it to make sure I am not crazy,,
Valued Member
Canada
54 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2011  01:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CanadianCoinGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've never seen one of them before-the bill,I mean.I'll just say I don't know what 8 tracks are(wink)
Pillar of the Community
3660 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2011  09:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add zeewool to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
if you remove the fibers with tweezers I promise they will attract to a magnet

Quite possibly, but that would be static electricity. They would probably attract to most other objects as well.

The fibers are silk, (nothing magnetic about them).... Beginning with series 1990, special magnetic inks were introduced to print portions of the design.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3691 Posts
 Posted 01/09/2011  10:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Libertad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was going to say that the ink looks very sharp and pronounced, however, it could just be a real note with a stamp. That's pretty ha-ha funny.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 28 / Views: 3,877Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05