Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is it Worth Opening BU Rolls Of $1 John Adams  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
429 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  7:51 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Gutkowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I just picked up 2 rolls of BU John Adams dollars and wanted to know what I should do. open them or just bring the back to the bank ?
They are in String and son rolls so I have to assume that they are BU from what I can see from the coins facing out
Thanks in advance ,
Matt-
Learn More...
United States
47732 Posts
 Posted 12/23/2010  11:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Set the coins free, open the rolls! No need to take them back to the bank. Find the keepers and spend the rest.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3268 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2010  12:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fenton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They make great tips for the Pizza Guy
Pillar of the Community
United States
4000 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2010  12:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Scooby Due to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Forgive me if I sound ignorant but you guys should be used to that by now.

But, isn't John Adams dollars one of the one's that had the missing edge letters variety?

Gutkowski, keep an eye for dropped letters, too. Escpecially, the edge.
Edited by Scooby Due
12/24/2010 12:10 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
2660 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2010  06:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tim Stroud to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Set the coins free, open the rolls! No need to take them back to the bank. Find the keepers and spend the rest.

Spend the non keepers.
Valued Member
United States
429 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2010  08:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gutkowski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I opened them and well the best I found was this one
Pillar of the Community
United States
3268 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2010  08:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fenton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's an MS-66 for reference. I picked up all the 2007-P's in NGC MS-66 for $6 total (four coins) and piggybacked the shipping on a larger order so I figured it was a good deal.

Valued Member
United States
162 Posts
 Posted 12/24/2010  6:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lorax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glad you opened them. The coins are generally not in great shape, even when straight from the rolls. I guess that's good since it means there won't be that many high quality examples out there.

That MS-66 is blurrier than I would have expected, NGC's standards must be going down hill :)
Pillar of the Community
United States
3040 Posts
 Posted 12/25/2010  06:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add yotie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i need to get my camera back on-line I picked up 3 rolls of the Jefferson Dollars the bank had in their vault I found 2 that may grade 65 or higher dang things had all of their edge lettering but ya gotta look

and for what it is worth I hope the mint will not try and use edge lettering any other types of coin

<edit> spellin <edit>
Edited by yotie
12/25/2010 06:34 am
Learn More...
United States
47732 Posts
 Posted 12/27/2010  11:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Glad you opened them.
Valued Member
United States
201 Posts
 Posted 12/27/2010  11:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add goldnugget to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for sharing your photo. I spend most of mine, since gas is approaching $ 3.00 a gallon, it doesn't take long to go through 2 rolls and a few Quick Lottery Picks.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2017 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05